Sep 1, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Oklahoma City Thunder swingman DeAndre Liggins was reportedly arrested on Saturday afternoon after police were called to a public residence, according to a report in the Oklahoman. Liggins was being held in the Oklahoma County jail without bond as of late Saturday night.
The third-year pro is reportedly being held on complaints of domestic assault and battery with a dangerous weapon along with domestic abuse in the presence of a minor, according to the report. The full police report has yet to be released, but Lt. Arthur Gregory did provide a few details to The Oklahoman.
“From what I understand it was a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship,” Gregory said. “And I don’t know who the child was, if it was theirs, her’s or his.”
Oklahoma City Thunder general manager Sam Presti issued a statement as well.
“We are aware of the situation and take this matter seriously,” Sam Presti said in an official statement from the team. “We are in the process of gathering more information and have no further comment at this time.”
The 6-foot-6 Liggins was selected with the 53rd pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, but has yet to crack the Thunder rotation. The former Kentucky product is averaging just over seven minutes in his two NBA seasons, appearing in 56 games while averaging 1.6 points and 1.2 rebounds. Liggins started 19 games for the Thunder’s D-League squad last year as well, averaging 11.6 points, 6.9 rebounds and 4.3 assists while shooting a blistering 46 percent from beyond the arc.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 12
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 14
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18