Sep 1, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Oklahoma City Thunder swingman DeAndre Liggins was reportedly arrested on Saturday afternoon after police were called to a public residence, according to a report in the Oklahoman. Liggins was being held in the Oklahoma County jail without bond as of late Saturday night.
The third-year pro is reportedly being held on complaints of domestic assault and battery with a dangerous weapon along with domestic abuse in the presence of a minor, according to the report. The full police report has yet to be released, but Lt. Arthur Gregory did provide a few details to The Oklahoman.
“From what I understand it was a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship,” Gregory said. “And I don’t know who the child was, if it was theirs, her’s or his.”
Oklahoma City Thunder general manager Sam Presti issued a statement as well.
“We are aware of the situation and take this matter seriously,” Sam Presti said in an official statement from the team. “We are in the process of gathering more information and have no further comment at this time.”
The 6-foot-6 Liggins was selected with the 53rd pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, but has yet to crack the Thunder rotation. The former Kentucky product is averaging just over seven minutes in his two NBA seasons, appearing in 56 games while averaging 1.6 points and 1.2 rebounds. Liggins started 19 games for the Thunder’s D-League squad last year as well, averaging 11.6 points, 6.9 rebounds and 4.3 assists while shooting a blistering 46 percent from beyond the arc.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 42
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8