Sep 1, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Oklahoma City Thunder swingman DeAndre Liggins was reportedly arrested on Saturday afternoon after police were called to a public residence, according to a report in the Oklahoman. Liggins was being held in the Oklahoma County jail without bond as of late Saturday night.
The third-year pro is reportedly being held on complaints of domestic assault and battery with a dangerous weapon along with domestic abuse in the presence of a minor, according to the report. The full police report has yet to be released, but Lt. Arthur Gregory did provide a few details to The Oklahoman.
“From what I understand it was a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship,” Gregory said. “And I don’t know who the child was, if it was theirs, her’s or his.”
Oklahoma City Thunder general manager Sam Presti issued a statement as well.
“We are aware of the situation and take this matter seriously,” Sam Presti said in an official statement from the team. “We are in the process of gathering more information and have no further comment at this time.”
The 6-foot-6 Liggins was selected with the 53rd pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, but has yet to crack the Thunder rotation. The former Kentucky product is averaging just over seven minutes in his two NBA seasons, appearing in 56 games while averaging 1.6 points and 1.2 rebounds. Liggins started 19 games for the Thunder’s D-League squad last year as well, averaging 11.6 points, 6.9 rebounds and 4.3 assists while shooting a blistering 46 percent from beyond the arc.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 1
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 17
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 72
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13