Aug 31, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
LaMarcus Alrdridge earned a second consecutive All-Star appearance last year, but it essentially went to waste as his Portland Trail Blazers finished 33-49 in spite of their big man’s best efforts. That led to multiple reports saying Aldridge was looking to be moved this summer, but the player himself denied everything once the original report went out.
Aldridge changed his tune a bit on Saturday afternoon, however, as he seems to have been quite candid while talking to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports. Aldridge admitted that he was “extremely frustrated” last year, but told Spears he didn’t ask to be traded.
“I wasn’t ready to make a move yet,” Aldridge told Spears. “I was just frustrated in the moment. I haven’t given Neil (Olshey) a chance yet.”
Olshey put together a pretty solid roster around Aldridge this offseason, adding rookies C.J. McCollum and Allen Crabbe along with sixth-man extraordinaire Mo Williams, Robin Lopez, Dorell Wright, Thomas Robinson and Earl Watson. That’s quite an upgrade considering some of the players that made up the Blazers’ bench last year.
Whether all of the moves Olshey made this summer pay off is yet to be determined, but it sounds like Aldridge is going to go into the new season with a new attitude. Whether that attitude changes prior to next year, when he’s owed $16 million in the final year of his contracts, remains to be seen.
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 0
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 13
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29