Aug 31, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
LaMarcus Alrdridge earned a second consecutive All-Star appearance last year, but it essentially went to waste as his Portland Trail Blazers finished 33-49 in spite of their big man’s best efforts. That led to multiple reports saying Aldridge was looking to be moved this summer, but the player himself denied everything once the original report went out.
Aldridge changed his tune a bit on Saturday afternoon, however, as he seems to have been quite candid while talking to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports. Aldridge admitted that he was “extremely frustrated” last year, but told Spears he didn’t ask to be traded.
“I wasn’t ready to make a move yet,” Aldridge told Spears. “I was just frustrated in the moment. I haven’t given Neil (Olshey) a chance yet.”
Olshey put together a pretty solid roster around Aldridge this offseason, adding rookies C.J. McCollum and Allen Crabbe along with sixth-man extraordinaire Mo Williams, Robin Lopez, Dorell Wright, Thomas Robinson and Earl Watson. That’s quite an upgrade considering some of the players that made up the Blazers’ bench last year.
Whether all of the moves Olshey made this summer pay off is yet to be determined, but it sounds like Aldridge is going to go into the new season with a new attitude. Whether that attitude changes prior to next year, when he’s owed $16 million in the final year of his contracts, remains to be seen.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 14
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18