Aug 31, 2013, 6:20 PM EST
LaMarcus Alrdridge earned a second consecutive All-Star appearance last year, but it essentially went to waste as his Portland Trail Blazers finished 33-49 in spite of their big man’s best efforts. That led to multiple reports saying Aldridge was looking to be moved this summer, but the player himself denied everything once the original report went out.
Aldridge changed his tune a bit on Saturday afternoon, however, as he seems to have been quite candid while talking to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports. Aldridge admitted that he was “extremely frustrated” last year, but told Spears he didn’t ask to be traded.
“I wasn’t ready to make a move yet,” Aldridge told Spears. “I was just frustrated in the moment. I haven’t given Neil (Olshey) a chance yet.”
Olshey put together a pretty solid roster around Aldridge this offseason, adding rookies C.J. McCollum and Allen Crabbe along with sixth-man extraordinaire Mo Williams, Robin Lopez, Dorell Wright, Thomas Robinson and Earl Watson. That’s quite an upgrade considering some of the players that made up the Blazers’ bench last year.
Whether all of the moves Olshey made this summer pay off is yet to be determined, but it sounds like Aldridge is going to go into the new season with a new attitude. Whether that attitude changes prior to next year, when he’s owed $16 million in the final year of his contracts, remains to be seen.
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 0
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 16
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- No stars, no problem: Spurs reserves too much for Warriors in 104-102 win 7
- Kobe injury a reality check for Lakers, doesn’t really change plan 15
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (58)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)