Aug 31, 2013, 9:27 PM EDT
There are a lot of famous basketball fans: Jack Nicholson, Spike Lee, Jay-Z, Chris Rock (and sometimes Lil Wayne and Justin Bieber, if they’re in a city with an NBA game happening and are able to find a hat emblazoned with the home team’s logo).
There are also a few notable NBA fans that aren’t quite as familiar to the public, but that basketball fans are certainly familiar with: namely Jimmy Goldstein and Clipper Darrell, both of which have gained a cult following for vastly different reasons. The latter is pretty prominent at the Vegas Summer League, but he’s also made some headlines for attempting a sleep-in to protest the lockout and nearly losing the right to keep calling himself Clipper Darrell in a near-snafu with Clippers’ brass.
The man known for screaming insults at players brought himself back in the news on Saturday when he posted the following on Twitter:
— Clipper Darrell (@clipperdarrell) August 31, 2013
Twitter was abuzz considering Darrell has stuck with the Clippers through a long stretch of badness. Do not worry, though, because Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times did some investigative reporting and learned — through his sources — that it was just a joke, you guys.
— Eric Pincus (@EricPincus) September 1, 2013
Please go on enjoying the rest of your Labor Day weekend. There’s nothing to see here.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7