Aug 31, 2013, 9:27 PM EDT
There are a lot of famous basketball fans: Jack Nicholson, Spike Lee, Jay-Z, Chris Rock (and sometimes Lil Wayne and Justin Bieber, if they’re in a city with an NBA game happening and are able to find a hat emblazoned with the home team’s logo).
There are also a few notable NBA fans that aren’t quite as familiar to the public, but that basketball fans are certainly familiar with: namely Jimmy Goldstein and Clipper Darrell, both of which have gained a cult following for vastly different reasons. The latter is pretty prominent at the Vegas Summer League, but he’s also made some headlines for attempting a sleep-in to protest the lockout and nearly losing the right to keep calling himself Clipper Darrell in a near-snafu with Clippers’ brass.
The man known for screaming insults at players brought himself back in the news on Saturday when he posted the following on Twitter:
— Clipper Darrell (@clipperdarrell) August 31, 2013
Twitter was abuzz considering Darrell has stuck with the Clippers through a long stretch of badness. Do not worry, though, because Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times did some investigative reporting and learned — through his sources — that it was just a joke, you guys.
— Eric Pincus (@EricPincus) September 1, 2013
Please go on enjoying the rest of your Labor Day weekend. There’s nothing to see here.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50