Aug 31, 2013, 9:27 PM EDT
There are a lot of famous basketball fans: Jack Nicholson, Spike Lee, Jay-Z, Chris Rock (and sometimes Lil Wayne and Justin Bieber, if they’re in a city with an NBA game happening and are able to find a hat emblazoned with the home team’s logo).
There are also a few notable NBA fans that aren’t quite as familiar to the public, but that basketball fans are certainly familiar with: namely Jimmy Goldstein and Clipper Darrell, both of which have gained a cult following for vastly different reasons. The latter is pretty prominent at the Vegas Summer League, but he’s also made some headlines for attempting a sleep-in to protest the lockout and nearly losing the right to keep calling himself Clipper Darrell in a near-snafu with Clippers’ brass.
The man known for screaming insults at players brought himself back in the news on Saturday when he posted the following on Twitter:
— Clipper Darrell (@clipperdarrell) August 31, 2013
Twitter was abuzz considering Darrell has stuck with the Clippers through a long stretch of badness. Do not worry, though, because Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times did some investigative reporting and learned — through his sources — that it was just a joke, you guys.
— Eric Pincus (@EricPincus) September 1, 2013
Please go on enjoying the rest of your Labor Day weekend. There’s nothing to see here.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48