Aug 31, 2013, 12:37 PM EST
The allure of pro-am basketball isn’t what it was during the 2011 NBA lockout, but watching the best players in the world play basketball — wherever they’re at and regardless of their opponents — is still fun to watch on a lazy August day. And, because of that, we’re bringing you highlights of the 2013 Goodman League Roundball Classic.
The Goodman League is essentially the East Coast’s version of the Drew League (which we last wrote about here) so, when they held their year-end all-star game, plenty of big names were in attendance. The stars of the game were all drafted with the second overall pick in their respective drafts — Kevin Durant in 2007, Michael Beasley in 2008 and Victor Oladipo in 2013 — but it looks like pretty much everyone that played put on a show (including former D-Leaguer Corey Allmond, overseas stud David Hawkins, neither of which were likely on NBA fans’ radars prior to watching the highlights below).
It’s hard not to get excited about the NBA season being so close after watching these guys do what they do, right?
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 14
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 36
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 52
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 42
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28