Aug 31, 2013, 12:37 PM EDT
The allure of pro-am basketball isn’t what it was during the 2011 NBA lockout, but watching the best players in the world play basketball — wherever they’re at and regardless of their opponents — is still fun to watch on a lazy August day. And, because of that, we’re bringing you highlights of the 2013 Goodman League Roundball Classic.
The Goodman League is essentially the East Coast’s version of the Drew League (which we last wrote about here) so, when they held their year-end all-star game, plenty of big names were in attendance. The stars of the game were all drafted with the second overall pick in their respective drafts — Kevin Durant in 2007, Michael Beasley in 2008 and Victor Oladipo in 2013 — but it looks like pretty much everyone that played put on a show (including former D-Leaguer Corey Allmond, overseas stud David Hawkins, neither of which were likely on NBA fans’ radars prior to watching the highlights below).
It’s hard not to get excited about the NBA season being so close after watching these guys do what they do, right?
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 0
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 7
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 5
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4