Aug 31, 2013, 12:37 PM EST
The allure of pro-am basketball isn’t what it was during the 2011 NBA lockout, but watching the best players in the world play basketball — wherever they’re at and regardless of their opponents — is still fun to watch on a lazy August day. And, because of that, we’re bringing you highlights of the 2013 Goodman League Roundball Classic.
The Goodman League is essentially the East Coast’s version of the Drew League (which we last wrote about here) so, when they held their year-end all-star game, plenty of big names were in attendance. The stars of the game were all drafted with the second overall pick in their respective drafts — Kevin Durant in 2007, Michael Beasley in 2008 and Victor Oladipo in 2013 — but it looks like pretty much everyone that played put on a show (including former D-Leaguer Corey Allmond, overseas stud David Hawkins, neither of which were likely on NBA fans’ radars prior to watching the highlights below).
It’s hard not to get excited about the NBA season being so close after watching these guys do what they do, right?
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 15
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 14
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5