Aug 30, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
When Kevin Love entered the league he was clearly going to need a little conditioning work — he wasn’t fat, but you wouldn’t exactly use the word “chiseled” either.
His body has evolved and he has gotten thinner over his five NBA seasons, but that seems to have reached the next level reports Charley Walters of the Pioneer Press.
The Wolves’ Kevin Love, in town setting up residence for the coming season, showed up at Target Center this week weighing 240 pounds.
“The lightest he’s been since he’s been a pro,” (team president Flip) Saunders said of the 6-foot-10 forward, who worked out at Target Center. “He’s lost weight in his face, and his body looks leaner with muscle. He’s really committed.”
A lot is going to be asked of Love this season — recently re-signed Nikola Pekovic covers a lot of the holes for Love, which allows Love to focus on his strengths: being out at the three-point line at times, knocking down midrange shots and crashing the glass. Two seasons ago Love did that to the tune of 24 points and 12.3 rebounds a game. Minnesota needs that Love back — and they need him healthy (he had a twice-broken hand last year).
Last season Love and Rubio were never really healthy and Minnesota suffered for it. Get healthy this season and they have a real shot at the playoffs.
- Why shot-location defense matters 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 5
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 8
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6