Aug 30, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
When Derrick Rose got injured, long before the silly kerfuffle about his return date, Tim Hardaway was saying Rose could come back with an improved jump shot. Which would make the explosive former MVP even more dangerous.
Apparently Hardaway knows what he is talking about (he did go through the same injury and all).
Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau went out to the Los Angeles area to watch Rose workout (before he leaves on another tour of China to sell shoes) and told K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune Rose has added some weapons.
Thibodeau traveled west Wednesday to check in on Rose, who is sporting increased range on his jumper and a left-handed floater that he has worked on extensively this offseason….
“What the summer has done is it’s given him more time to build confidence and strength in his leg,” Thibodeau said in Las Vegas in July. “His entire body is a lot stronger.”
A lefty floater and a more deadly jump shot would be nice steps forward for the Bulls. Rose shot 31.2 percent on threes two seasons ago, which is right at his career average. If that number goes up and he can just step back off a pick he is that much harder to cover.
We will see if, once the season starts, Thibodeau tries to keep the minutes in check for Rose (not to mention Luol Deng, Joakim Noah and others). He has been known to ride his starters big minutes and we’ll see if the rash of injuries the Bulls have battled through (related to the minutes or not) impacts his choices. Could Thibodeau sacrifice a couple wins to keep Rose’s minutes down?
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85