Aug 30, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
When Derrick Rose got injured, long before the silly kerfuffle about his return date, Tim Hardaway was saying Rose could come back with an improved jump shot. Which would make the explosive former MVP even more dangerous.
Apparently Hardaway knows what he is talking about (he did go through the same injury and all).
Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau went out to the Los Angeles area to watch Rose workout (before he leaves on another tour of China to sell shoes) and told K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune Rose has added some weapons.
Thibodeau traveled west Wednesday to check in on Rose, who is sporting increased range on his jumper and a left-handed floater that he has worked on extensively this offseason….
“What the summer has done is it’s given him more time to build confidence and strength in his leg,” Thibodeau said in Las Vegas in July. “His entire body is a lot stronger.”
A lefty floater and a more deadly jump shot would be nice steps forward for the Bulls. Rose shot 31.2 percent on threes two seasons ago, which is right at his career average. If that number goes up and he can just step back off a pick he is that much harder to cover.
We will see if, once the season starts, Thibodeau tries to keep the minutes in check for Rose (not to mention Luol Deng, Joakim Noah and others). He has been known to ride his starters big minutes and we’ll see if the rash of injuries the Bulls have battled through (related to the minutes or not) impacts his choices. Could Thibodeau sacrifice a couple wins to keep Rose’s minutes down?
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7