Aug 30, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
The Chief turns 60 today.
Robert Parish is a Hall of Fame center who had some epic battles with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Moses Malone back in the 1980s, and helped anchor the Boston Celtics to three NBA titles. He was drafted No. 8 by the Warriors out of little Centenary College of Louisiana, but we all remember him as a Celtic.
He won four titles (three with Boston, one with the 1997 Bulls), was a nine-time All-Star and averaged 18.4 points and 11.6 rebounds a game over his career.
Happy birthday Chief. The rest of you, enjoy.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 0
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 21
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 4
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 6
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 39