Aug 30, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
The Chief turns 60 today.
Robert Parish is a Hall of Fame center who had some epic battles with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Moses Malone back in the 1980s, and helped anchor the Boston Celtics to three NBA titles. He was drafted No. 8 by the Warriors out of little Centenary College of Louisiana, but we all remember him as a Celtic.
He won four titles (three with Boston, one with the 1997 Bulls), was a nine-time All-Star and averaged 18.4 points and 11.6 rebounds a game over his career.
Happy birthday Chief. The rest of you, enjoy.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)