Aug 30, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
The Chief turns 60 today.
Robert Parish is a Hall of Fame center who had some epic battles with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Moses Malone back in the 1980s, and helped anchor the Boston Celtics to three NBA titles. He was drafted No. 8 by the Warriors out of little Centenary College of Louisiana, but we all remember him as a Celtic.
He won four titles (three with Boston, one with the 1997 Bulls), was a nine-time All-Star and averaged 18.4 points and 11.6 rebounds a game over his career.
Happy birthday Chief. The rest of you, enjoy.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14