Aug 30, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
The NBA wants to grow its brand in the world’s emerging markets — China gets the most publicity and the league has a foothold there (thanks to Yao Ming).
But another spot is India. For the past few years NBA players have gone there as ambassadors in the summer and this time it was Chris Bosh (he helped run some youth basketball clinics there). But he and his family mixed in a little traveling and getting to know the country with the business. Bosh is a thoughtful guy, a smart guy, someone who wants to be exposed to the cultures and differences around him, so good on him for getting out and seeing part of the country.
This video is about part of his trip.
Hat tip to Sekou at his Hangtime Blog.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8