Aug 30, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
The NBA wants to grow its brand in the world’s emerging markets — China gets the most publicity and the league has a foothold there (thanks to Yao Ming).
But another spot is India. For the past few years NBA players have gone there as ambassadors in the summer and this time it was Chris Bosh (he helped run some youth basketball clinics there). But he and his family mixed in a little traveling and getting to know the country with the business. Bosh is a thoughtful guy, a smart guy, someone who wants to be exposed to the cultures and differences around him, so good on him for getting out and seeing part of the country.
This video is about part of his trip.
Hat tip to Sekou at his Hangtime Blog.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31