Aug 30, 2013, 9:56 AM EST
The NBA wants to grow its brand in the world’s emerging markets — China gets the most publicity and the league has a foothold there (thanks to Yao Ming).
But another spot is India. For the past few years NBA players have gone there as ambassadors in the summer and this time it was Chris Bosh (he helped run some youth basketball clinics there). But he and his family mixed in a little traveling and getting to know the country with the business. Bosh is a thoughtful guy, a smart guy, someone who wants to be exposed to the cultures and differences around him, so good on him for getting out and seeing part of the country.
This video is about part of his trip.
Hat tip to Sekou at his Hangtime Blog.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 0
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39