Aug 30, 2013, 9:56 AM EST
The NBA wants to grow its brand in the world’s emerging markets — China gets the most publicity and the league has a foothold there (thanks to Yao Ming).
But another spot is India. For the past few years NBA players have gone there as ambassadors in the summer and this time it was Chris Bosh (he helped run some youth basketball clinics there). But he and his family mixed in a little traveling and getting to know the country with the business. Bosh is a thoughtful guy, a smart guy, someone who wants to be exposed to the cultures and differences around him, so good on him for getting out and seeing part of the country.
This video is about part of his trip.
Hat tip to Sekou at his Hangtime Blog.
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 23
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)