Aug 29, 2013, 11:24 AM EST
You can be sure Vinny Del Negro wanted to do this once or twice the last couple seasons. We can ask Doc Rivers about it in five months after another late rotation.
That is Clippers center DeAndre Jordan getting punch in the face in slow motion. Why? It is apparently part of Comedy Central’s Roast of James Franco (that airs Friday) and there are a number of other celebrities who star in similar videos on YouTube. You know Franco as the actor who was Oz in “The Great and Powerful Oz” and Harry Osborn in the Spiderman movies. This doesn’t really explain the punching in the face theme, but there you have it.
Jordan is a young guy who likes to have fun, and this is why players like to come to Los Angeles — this opportunity doesn’t present itself to Larry Sanders in Milwaukee. Sorry.
Hat tip to Lang at NBA.com’s All Ball blog (who apparently searches the Web looking for guys getting punched in the face).
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 4
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 7
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 40
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 28