Aug 29, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
You can be sure Vinny Del Negro wanted to do this once or twice the last couple seasons. We can ask Doc Rivers about it in five months after another late rotation.
That is Clippers center DeAndre Jordan getting punch in the face in slow motion. Why? It is apparently part of Comedy Central’s Roast of James Franco (that airs Friday) and there are a number of other celebrities who star in similar videos on YouTube. You know Franco as the actor who was Oz in “The Great and Powerful Oz” and Harry Osborn in the Spiderman movies. This doesn’t really explain the punching in the face theme, but there you have it.
Jordan is a young guy who likes to have fun, and this is why players like to come to Los Angeles — this opportunity doesn’t present itself to Larry Sanders in Milwaukee. Sorry.
Hat tip to Lang at NBA.com’s All Ball blog (who apparently searches the Web looking for guys getting punched in the face).
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 4
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 35
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 32
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25