Aug 29, 2013, 11:24 AM EST
You can be sure Vinny Del Negro wanted to do this once or twice the last couple seasons. We can ask Doc Rivers about it in five months after another late rotation.
That is Clippers center DeAndre Jordan getting punch in the face in slow motion. Why? It is apparently part of Comedy Central’s Roast of James Franco (that airs Friday) and there are a number of other celebrities who star in similar videos on YouTube. You know Franco as the actor who was Oz in “The Great and Powerful Oz” and Harry Osborn in the Spiderman movies. This doesn’t really explain the punching in the face theme, but there you have it.
Jordan is a young guy who likes to have fun, and this is why players like to come to Los Angeles — this opportunity doesn’t present itself to Larry Sanders in Milwaukee. Sorry.
Hat tip to Lang at NBA.com’s All Ball blog (who apparently searches the Web looking for guys getting punched in the face).
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 62
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13