Aug 29, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
You can be sure Vinny Del Negro wanted to do this once or twice the last couple seasons. We can ask Doc Rivers about it in five months after another late rotation.
That is Clippers center DeAndre Jordan getting punch in the face in slow motion. Why? It is apparently part of Comedy Central’s Roast of James Franco (that airs Friday) and there are a number of other celebrities who star in similar videos on YouTube. You know Franco as the actor who was Oz in “The Great and Powerful Oz” and Harry Osborn in the Spiderman movies. This doesn’t really explain the punching in the face theme, but there you have it.
Jordan is a young guy who likes to have fun, and this is why players like to come to Los Angeles — this opportunity doesn’t present itself to Larry Sanders in Milwaukee. Sorry.
Hat tip to Lang at NBA.com’s All Ball blog (who apparently searches the Web looking for guys getting punched in the face).
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 5
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7