Aug 29, 2013, 5:59 PM EDT
The Phoenix Suns saved more than $5 million and brought in a couple interesting young pieces.
“We’re very excited to welcome Caron back home,” Milwaukee GM John Hammond said in a released statement. “He is an accomplished veteran player who started 78 games last season for a 56-win team in Los Angeles. Caron gives us depth at the small forward position and will be a mentor for our younger players.”
“We would like to thank Caron for his professionalism and wish him the best with the Milwaukee Bucks,” Suns General Manager Ryan McDonough said in his statement. “This deal gives us significant cap space as well as the flexibility to trade for another exciting player, which is how we were able to acquire Eric Bledsoe. It also provides us with two young players in our efforts to build a team capable of sustainable success.”
What it also gives them the ability to do is waive Michael Beasley and the $9 million he is owed with the hit being less painful.
The Suns now have with Eric Bledsoe and Butler two of last year’s Clippers.
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 75
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12