Aug 28, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Who doesn’t love a good Rasheed Wallace story?
SLAM did a Q&A with veteran Pistons guard Will Bynum, who will be back with the team when camp opens in five weeks. He talked about how smart Greg Monroe is, what a beast Andre Drummond is, and how they need to work to build chemistry with Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings. All the usual stuff.
Then Leo Sepkowitz does the brilliant move of asking Bynum to tell a Rasheed Wallace story since they played together. And Bynum talks trick shot.
Ah man, I got so many of those. Sheed makes the shot—like from outside of the court, like outside of the three-line but off the court, with both hands at the same time with two balls. I mean he like practiced these trick shots all the time. And he makes them! He makes these crazy shots that you’ve never ever seen before. Like he’d shoot a shot like behind the backboard with two balls with both hands—left and right hand—at the same time and make ‘em! It’s just crazy.
What do you want to bet ‘Sheed, now a Pistons’ assistant coach, still can make those shots and is going to take some money off a gullible rookie this season?
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32