Aug 28, 2013, 3:57 PM EDT
Who doesn’t love a good Rasheed Wallace story?
SLAM did a Q&A with veteran Pistons guard Will Bynum, who will be back with the team when camp opens in five weeks. He talked about how smart Greg Monroe is, what a beast Andre Drummond is, and how they need to work to build chemistry with Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings. All the usual stuff.
Then Leo Sepkowitz does the brilliant move of asking Bynum to tell a Rasheed Wallace story since they played together. And Bynum talks trick shot.
Ah man, I got so many of those. Sheed makes the shot—like from outside of the court, like outside of the three-line but off the court, with both hands at the same time with two balls. I mean he like practiced these trick shots all the time. And he makes them! He makes these crazy shots that you’ve never ever seen before. Like he’d shoot a shot like behind the backboard with two balls with both hands—left and right hand—at the same time and make ‘em! It’s just crazy.
What do you want to bet ‘Sheed, now a Pistons’ assistant coach, still can make those shots and is going to take some money off a gullible rookie this season?
- LeBron makes emotional return to Cleveland tonight, new Nike ad shows city standing together (VIDEO) 11
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 9
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 21
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 22
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 17
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 39