Aug 28, 2013, 11:46 AM EDT
Yes, the video is more grainy than the Zapruder Film, but some people see that as proof so we’re going to take that Instagram video as proof.
Raptors wing Rudy Gay is in Houston this week working out with Hakeem Olajuwon, as you can see above.
This is a good thing, Raptors fans. Gay getting some post moves, allowing him to be more comfortable going to the block against a smaller defender is only going to help his offense (think Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, both of whom worked out with The Dream in the past).
More than that, Gay took just 27 percent of his shots last season inside five feet (and shot 54 percent on them), however he took 44.3 percent of his shots beyond 15 feet, hitting 33.3 percent of those from two and 32.3 percent from three. The lesson here is you want Gay to attack, you want him to get his shots closer to the rim, and this is a way to do that.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 0
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 17
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 19
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 27
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10