Aug 28, 2013, 11:46 AM EDT
Yes, the video is more grainy than the Zapruder Film, but some people see that as proof so we’re going to take that Instagram video as proof.
Raptors wing Rudy Gay is in Houston this week working out with Hakeem Olajuwon, as you can see above.
This is a good thing, Raptors fans. Gay getting some post moves, allowing him to be more comfortable going to the block against a smaller defender is only going to help his offense (think Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, both of whom worked out with The Dream in the past).
More than that, Gay took just 27 percent of his shots last season inside five feet (and shot 54 percent on them), however he took 44.3 percent of his shots beyond 15 feet, hitting 33.3 percent of those from two and 32.3 percent from three. The lesson here is you want Gay to attack, you want him to get his shots closer to the rim, and this is a way to do that.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28