Aug 28, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
If you’re at all into the latest basketball shoe designs, then you may have seen some photos of Nike’s next signature shoe for LeBron James, the LeBron 11, popping up on some of the more popular sneaker sites.
Nike has officially unveiled LeBron’s latest, and managed to keep at least one colorway under wraps until now.
From the official release:
“Built from the inside out, the LEBRON 11 is the lightest and lowest LeBron signature shoe ever. It weighs approximately 14.5 oz in a men’s size 9.
“The upper is built in a new way, featuring revolutionary Nike Hyperposite technology for lightweight lock-down, while taking protection, containment and responsiveness to a new level. The upper incorporates Nike Hyperfuse construction and dynamic Flywire technology to bring natural motion to James’s game.
“The LEBRON 11 is deconstructed to get James’s foot much lower to the ground so he can feel the court, while enhancing cushioning via the full length Lunarlon and Nike Zoom unit – a combination featured for the first time in a LeBron signature shoe.”
The overall design is quite different than what we’ve seen from the LeBron line in the past, so it’ll be interesting to see how they stack up on the court to the stellar performance that was consistently provided by the previous models.
The photos below feature the King’s Pride (black/gold/green) and Terracotta Warrior (grey/black/purple) colorways, and there’s a Gamma Blue version out there that has leaked unofficially, as well.
The LeBron 11 King’s Pride is set to release on Oct. 12 globally, and the LeBron 11 Terracotta Warrior will be available on Oct. 1 in Greater China, and on Nov. 27 everywhere else.
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 2
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 29
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 7
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22