New NBA 2K14 trailer features LeBron, some Nas

Aug 28, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT

It looks good.

This is the new trailer for NBA 2K14, which starts out with a heavy dose of LeBron James — and remember he helped select the music for this edition, too. So we start out with some Nas “Hate Me Now” which is a pretty LeBron song.

This edition of the game is also going to have 14 elite European teams as well, such as Barcelona and CSKA Moscow. Which is great news because we all miss getting to be Bostjan Nachbar, if even for a minute.

Joking aside… it looks good. Real good.

1. sellahh - Aug 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Hopefully the soundtrack will be better than that of 2k13… I mean Coldplay? In a basketball game? …

• pudgalvin - Aug 28, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I loved that game, but boy did I hate the whole produced by Jay Z nonsense. The entire presentation felt like a giant commercial for him and his crappy rapper friends (and, as you mentioned, Coldplay for some reason). That stupid Rianna song makes me want to stick sharp objects in my ears.

I realize the crowd their marketing to, but there’s more hip hop music out there than terrible Rianna.

• sellahh - Aug 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I, for one, actually liked the Jay Z songs in the game. The whole presentation was meh, though.
        Anyway, they could just loop Puff Daddy’s Victory as soundtrack for all I care :-)

2. reesesteel23 - Aug 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Nas > any of the crap on the radio today…and that includes Everyone

3. htownred34 - Aug 28, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Have had it preordered for a few weeks now, looks a lot like 2k13 though….

4. hildezero - Aug 28, 2013 at 5:16 PM

There is no problem with rock songs in basketball games, but there is a problem when Coldplay is in it.

5. zickhead - Aug 28, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I’ve bought this game every year for the past couple years. The trailer looks ok but doesn’t really seem like much as changed from 2K13.

6. detectivejimmymcnulty - Aug 28, 2013 at 6:15 PM

It’s the same game it always has been with roster updates, new music, and some Euro teams.

I still buy it every year.

• JMClarkent - Aug 29, 2013 at 4:49 AM

I disagree. 2K is one of the few companies that seems to put effort into each year, opposed to just a roster update. They are unafraid to mess with things (gameplay wise) in order to make a better product.

7. kingwithringz - Aug 28, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Gotta love that cover.

8. ibchuck33 - Aug 28, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Is the 1992 dream team still in it?

9. xLith - Aug 29, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Hey look, some Rockets love in there. I don’t think we’ve been in a 2K trailer since the T-Mac era.

Can’t wait for the season to start.

10. panchopolarbear - Sep 1, 2013 at 6:34 AM

So hyped for this game. That cover makes it so much better too.

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches