Aug 28, 2013, 5:56 PM EDT
As you likely know by now, Wednesday was the 50th anniversary of the civil rights march on Washington D.C. that included Martin Luther King’s historic “I have a dream” speech.
Because of King and the many with him in that march, plus those working on civil rights throughout the land, we have a better nation today. A more fair and just nation. Not one that is perfect, but a better one.
A number of NBA players took to twitter to reflect and remember the occasion. Here is just a sampling.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 1
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 3
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 7
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 5
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 82
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20