Aug 28, 2013, 5:56 PM EDT
As you likely know by now, Wednesday was the 50th anniversary of the civil rights march on Washington D.C. that included Martin Luther King’s historic “I have a dream” speech.
Because of King and the many with him in that march, plus those working on civil rights throughout the land, we have a better nation today. A more fair and just nation. Not one that is perfect, but a better one.
A number of NBA players took to twitter to reflect and remember the occasion. Here is just a sampling.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 27
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 8
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 28
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 41
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33