Aug 28, 2013, 5:56 PM EDT
As you likely know by now, Wednesday was the 50th anniversary of the civil rights march on Washington D.C. that included Martin Luther King’s historic “I have a dream” speech.
Because of King and the many with him in that march, plus those working on civil rights throughout the land, we have a better nation today. A more fair and just nation. Not one that is perfect, but a better one.
A number of NBA players took to twitter to reflect and remember the occasion. Here is just a sampling.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 11
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 44
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11