Aug 28, 2013, 5:56 PM EDT
As you likely know by now, Wednesday was the 50th anniversary of the civil rights march on Washington D.C. that included Martin Luther King’s historic “I have a dream” speech.
Because of King and the many with him in that march, plus those working on civil rights throughout the land, we have a better nation today. A more fair and just nation. Not one that is perfect, but a better one.
A number of NBA players took to twitter to reflect and remember the occasion. Here is just a sampling.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15