Aug 28, 2013, 5:56 PM EST
As you likely know by now, Wednesday was the 50th anniversary of the civil rights march on Washington D.C. that included Martin Luther King’s historic “I have a dream” speech.
Because of King and the many with him in that march, plus those working on civil rights throughout the land, we have a better nation today. A more fair and just nation. Not one that is perfect, but a better one.
A number of NBA players took to twitter to reflect and remember the occasion. Here is just a sampling.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1