Aug 27, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Paul George has made it clear — he wants to step up into a leadership role in the Pacers locker room. He was thrust into that role last season when Danny Granger was out and Roy Hibbert was struggling. Now he wants to take that on formally.
So how does Roy Hibbert — a young All-Star in his own right — feel about that?
See, there you have it. No problems. Twitter once again answers our every question.
Truth be told there’s will not likely be any issues, although mostly because David West is the calming influence on this locker room. He’s the veteran presence that keeps everything running smoothly. The Pacers paid to keep West around this summer because he’s both solid on the court and off it.
The Pacers will finish with one of the better records in the East, likely top three (maybe four), but they are really a team built for the playoffs. If George and Granger can meld their games and Hibbert takes any kind of step forward to being one of the best centers in the league, they will be a very tough out in the postseason. Very tough.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 27
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16