Aug 27, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Paul George has made it clear — he wants to step up into a leadership role in the Pacers locker room. He was thrust into that role last season when Danny Granger was out and Roy Hibbert was struggling. Now he wants to take that on formally.
So how does Roy Hibbert — a young All-Star in his own right — feel about that?
See, there you have it. No problems. Twitter once again answers our every question.
Truth be told there’s will not likely be any issues, although mostly because David West is the calming influence on this locker room. He’s the veteran presence that keeps everything running smoothly. The Pacers paid to keep West around this summer because he’s both solid on the court and off it.
The Pacers will finish with one of the better records in the East, likely top three (maybe four), but they are really a team built for the playoffs. If George and Granger can meld their games and Hibbert takes any kind of step forward to being one of the best centers in the league, they will be a very tough out in the postseason. Very tough.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29