Aug 27, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Paul George has made it clear — he wants to step up into a leadership role in the Pacers locker room. He was thrust into that role last season when Danny Granger was out and Roy Hibbert was struggling. Now he wants to take that on formally.
So how does Roy Hibbert — a young All-Star in his own right — feel about that?
See, there you have it. No problems. Twitter once again answers our every question.
Truth be told there’s will not likely be any issues, although mostly because David West is the calming influence on this locker room. He’s the veteran presence that keeps everything running smoothly. The Pacers paid to keep West around this summer because he’s both solid on the court and off it.
The Pacers will finish with one of the better records in the East, likely top three (maybe four), but they are really a team built for the playoffs. If George and Granger can meld their games and Hibbert takes any kind of step forward to being one of the best centers in the league, they will be a very tough out in the postseason. Very tough.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 52
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6