Aug 27, 2013, 1:06 PM EST
Gregg Popovich and R.C. Buford can exhale now.
After tweaking his right knee playing with the French national team against Spain in preparation for EuroBasket (the European championships that start Sept. 7), Tony Parker got an MRI on his knee Monday.
It’s was nothing, the French team announced, via Basket USA. Nothing to see here, move along.
“The tests have confirmed this morning that there was nothing serious at the knee of Tony Parker,” said Patrick Beesley, director teams France.
Parker will continue to train with and play for France in the upcoming tournament.
Of course, that makes the Spurs brass a little nervous as Parker is the lynchpin of the Spurs current success. Yes, Tim Duncan has had resurgence and Kawhi Leonard makes things happen, but Parker is the point guard that directs it all.
San Antonio needs him and needs him healthy to make another deep playoff run. Of course, with Popovich at the helm you know Parker will get plenty of rest during the season. No matter how much that pisses off David Stern.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7