Aug 27, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
Gregg Popovich and R.C. Buford can exhale now.
After tweaking his right knee playing with the French national team against Spain in preparation for EuroBasket (the European championships that start Sept. 7), Tony Parker got an MRI on his knee Monday.
It’s was nothing, the French team announced, via Basket USA. Nothing to see here, move along.
“The tests have confirmed this morning that there was nothing serious at the knee of Tony Parker,” said Patrick Beesley, director teams France.
Parker will continue to train with and play for France in the upcoming tournament.
Of course, that makes the Spurs brass a little nervous as Parker is the lynchpin of the Spurs current success. Yes, Tim Duncan has had resurgence and Kawhi Leonard makes things happen, but Parker is the point guard that directs it all.
San Antonio needs him and needs him healthy to make another deep playoff run. Of course, with Popovich at the helm you know Parker will get plenty of rest during the season. No matter how much that pisses off David Stern.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50