Aug 27, 2013, 8:19 PM EDT
Scottie Pippen won’t be facing criminal charges for his role in an altercation with a man outside a Malibu restaurant back in June, according to multiple reports.
The details were allegedly ugly from Pippen’s perspective, and it sounds as though he might have been the actual victim here.
That’s especially true after hearing the results of the investigation.
After the incident, the man was taken to UCLA Medical Center, where he was diagnosed with a possible concussion, but a CT scan showed no signs of trauma. His blood-alcohol level was found to be 0.18%, double what is considered legally intoxicated in California, records show.
The next day, the man returned to the emergency room after his release from the hospital and claimed to have been diagnosed with fractured ribs and a fractured ankle, investigators said. He was described as being “extremely intoxicated” with no evidence of any fractures, and a physician noted he “was making up stuff to try and have a story.”
All of that can’t bode well for the $4 million civil lawsuit the man filed against Pippen over the incident, which is still pending.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48