Aug 27, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
Historically the NBA rookies have been pretty hit and miss with their predictions in the annual survey, but there are some interesting insights this year in the survey results, which were posted by John Schuhmann over at NBA.com.
Asked who would be Rookie of the Year, Portland’s McCollum and Orlando’s Victor Oladipo tied for the top spot. Olynyk finished third while Utah’s Trey Burke finished fourth. (I predict Burke one, Oladipo two, I like McCollum but he will be playing behind Damian Lillard so is he going to get enough minutes to really win this?)
As for who would have the best career, Oladipo and Olynyk tied with McCollum third. The winner of the most athletic rookie was Tony Mitchell of Detroit in a landslide (47.2 percent).
Best playmaker went to Burke with 47 percent of the vote followed by Michael Carter-Williams of the Sixers. Best shooter went to Ben McLemore of Sacramento, followed by the Clippers Reggie Bullock, then tied for third was McCollum and Tony Snell of the Bulls.
Oladipo won best defender (which seems a good call), followed by a tie between Solomon Hill of the Pacers, Nerlens Noel of the Sixers (who shows up little on this survey) and Peyton Siva of the Pistons.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43