Aug 26, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Dean Meminger, who was a key part of the Knicks 1973 title run and played seven NBA seasons, passed away recently.
He was a defensive stopper who also could score, and the NBA put this video tribute of him together. He was honored along with the rest of the 1973 title team last season at Madison Square Garden.
Remember and enjoy.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 11
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 13
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7