Aug 26, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Dean Meminger, who was a key part of the Knicks 1973 title run and played seven NBA seasons, passed away recently.
He was a defensive stopper who also could score, and the NBA put this video tribute of him together. He was honored along with the rest of the 1973 title team last season at Madison Square Garden.
Remember and enjoy.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8