Aug 26, 2013, 3:19 PM EST
Beno Udrih is the latest player to choose club over country.
Slovenia is hosting EuroBasket this summer and the team’s coach announced their national team and Udrih was not on the list. Udrih has battled injuries in the past and he signed up to be a point guard for the Knicks, a position that has been like a magnet for injuries the past couple seasons, so this is the safe play.
Slovenia will be fine, they still have Goran Dragic at the point and other quality players including Bostjan Nachbar. EuroBasket tips off Sept. 7.
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 0
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 5
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 9
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 24
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9