Aug 26, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
Beno Udrih is the latest player to choose club over country.
Slovenia is hosting EuroBasket this summer and the team’s coach announced their national team and Udrih was not on the list. Udrih has battled injuries in the past and he signed up to be a point guard for the Knicks, a position that has been like a magnet for injuries the past couple seasons, so this is the safe play.
Slovenia will be fine, they still have Goran Dragic at the point and other quality players including Bostjan Nachbar. EuroBasket tips off Sept. 7.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 0
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 24
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 63
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 13
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36