Aug 26, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
Beno Udrih is the latest player to choose club over country.
Slovenia is hosting EuroBasket this summer and the team’s coach announced their national team and Udrih was not on the list. Udrih has battled injuries in the past and he signed up to be a point guard for the Knicks, a position that has been like a magnet for injuries the past couple seasons, so this is the safe play.
Slovenia will be fine, they still have Goran Dragic at the point and other quality players including Bostjan Nachbar. EuroBasket tips off Sept. 7.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11