Aug 26, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
Beno Udrih is the latest player to choose club over country.
Slovenia is hosting EuroBasket this summer and the team’s coach announced their national team and Udrih was not on the list. Udrih has battled injuries in the past and he signed up to be a point guard for the Knicks, a position that has been like a magnet for injuries the past couple seasons, so this is the safe play.
Slovenia will be fine, they still have Goran Dragic at the point and other quality players including Bostjan Nachbar. EuroBasket tips off Sept. 7.
- Report: Lakers interested in signing Rajon Rondo as a free agent ‘only at a certain low price’ 18
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 29
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 26
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 8
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11