Aug 26, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
Beno Udrih is the latest player to choose club over country.
Slovenia is hosting EuroBasket this summer and the team’s coach announced their national team and Udrih was not on the list. Udrih has battled injuries in the past and he signed up to be a point guard for the Knicks, a position that has been like a magnet for injuries the past couple seasons, so this is the safe play.
Slovenia will be fine, they still have Goran Dragic at the point and other quality players including Bostjan Nachbar. EuroBasket tips off Sept. 7.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 29
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20