Aug 25, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Teams are now in the “who should we get for roster spot 13/14/15” mode, looking at names you know but will have little impact during the season.
Names such as Royal Ivey, who has been in the NBA for nine seasons and spent the last one in Philadelphia, where he averaged 3.2 points a game in the 53 games where he stepped on the court. He shot 42 percent from three and has been over 40 percent three of the last four years. Teams like guys who can space the floor a little.
Ivey has some workouts coming up with Houston and San Antonio, something Rotoworld pointed out. He likely will have more on teams looking to add a little depth.
Both Texas teams where he his working out seem unlikely landing spots for Ivey and this would be more of just a camp invite. Houston has 18 guys being invited to camp and while some of them such as Patrick Beverley and Jordan Henriquez do not have guaranteed contracts some will make the roster there is not a ton or room. Same with the Spurs, who will start Tony Parker at the point then try to figure out the backup minutes between Cory Joseph, Patty Mills and Nando De Colo.
But Ivey and some other guys are getting looks right now for those few spots at the end of the bench.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 9
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 22
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 12
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15