Aug 25, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Teams are now in the “who should we get for roster spot 13/14/15” mode, looking at names you know but will have little impact during the season.
Names such as Royal Ivey, who has been in the NBA for nine seasons and spent the last one in Philadelphia, where he averaged 3.2 points a game in the 53 games where he stepped on the court. He shot 42 percent from three and has been over 40 percent three of the last four years. Teams like guys who can space the floor a little.
Ivey has some workouts coming up with Houston and San Antonio, something Rotoworld pointed out. He likely will have more on teams looking to add a little depth.
Both Texas teams where he his working out seem unlikely landing spots for Ivey and this would be more of just a camp invite. Houston has 18 guys being invited to camp and while some of them such as Patrick Beverley and Jordan Henriquez do not have guaranteed contracts some will make the roster there is not a ton or room. Same with the Spurs, who will start Tony Parker at the point then try to figure out the backup minutes between Cory Joseph, Patty Mills and Nando De Colo.
But Ivey and some other guys are getting looks right now for those few spots at the end of the bench.
- Kobe injury a reality check for Lakers, doesn’t really change plan 4
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 24
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee 55
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star 34
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now 37
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (55)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (44)