Aug 24, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
There were some rumors floating around not that long ago that the Sacramento Kings were shopping Jimmer Fredette, and that the Cavaliers might have been interested.
But Cleveland is seemingly stocked at the guard positions, and while Fredette remains a decent option that may be expendable in Sacramento, Cleveland isn’t a team that would be willing to give up assets in exchange for the pure shooter’s talents.
A few weeks ago, there was a rumor about Jimmer Fredette. I heard it again recently. But the Cavs haven’t even talked to Sacramento (Fredette’s team) in more than a month. The Cavs like their guard rotation of Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Jarrett Jack, and C.J. Miles.
Fredette is likely to be on the trading block, given the limited role that the Kings have available for him with so many other guards in tow. But for whatever it’s worth, Cleveland doesn’t appear to be Jimmer’s ultimate destination.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47