Aug 24, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
There were some rumors floating around not that long ago that the Sacramento Kings were shopping Jimmer Fredette, and that the Cavaliers might have been interested.
But Cleveland is seemingly stocked at the guard positions, and while Fredette remains a decent option that may be expendable in Sacramento, Cleveland isn’t a team that would be willing to give up assets in exchange for the pure shooter’s talents.
A few weeks ago, there was a rumor about Jimmer Fredette. I heard it again recently. But the Cavs haven’t even talked to Sacramento (Fredette’s team) in more than a month. The Cavs like their guard rotation of Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Jarrett Jack, and C.J. Miles.
Fredette is likely to be on the trading block, given the limited role that the Kings have available for him with so many other guards in tow. But for whatever it’s worth, Cleveland doesn’t appear to be Jimmer’s ultimate destination.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 4
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 21
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 10
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 18