Aug 24, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
There were some rumors floating around not that long ago that the Sacramento Kings were shopping Jimmer Fredette, and that the Cavaliers might have been interested.
But Cleveland is seemingly stocked at the guard positions, and while Fredette remains a decent option that may be expendable in Sacramento, Cleveland isn’t a team that would be willing to give up assets in exchange for the pure shooter’s talents.
A few weeks ago, there was a rumor about Jimmer Fredette. I heard it again recently. But the Cavs haven’t even talked to Sacramento (Fredette’s team) in more than a month. The Cavs like their guard rotation of Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Jarrett Jack, and C.J. Miles.
Fredette is likely to be on the trading block, given the limited role that the Kings have available for him with so many other guards in tow. But for whatever it’s worth, Cleveland doesn’t appear to be Jimmer’s ultimate destination.
- Reports: Bulls close to firing Tom Thibodeau 0
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 0
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 38
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 3
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23