Aug 24, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
There were some rumors floating around not that long ago that the Sacramento Kings were shopping Jimmer Fredette, and that the Cavaliers might have been interested.
But Cleveland is seemingly stocked at the guard positions, and while Fredette remains a decent option that may be expendable in Sacramento, Cleveland isn’t a team that would be willing to give up assets in exchange for the pure shooter’s talents.
A few weeks ago, there was a rumor about Jimmer Fredette. I heard it again recently. But the Cavs haven’t even talked to Sacramento (Fredette’s team) in more than a month. The Cavs like their guard rotation of Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Jarrett Jack, and C.J. Miles.
Fredette is likely to be on the trading block, given the limited role that the Kings have available for him with so many other guards in tow. But for whatever it’s worth, Cleveland doesn’t appear to be Jimmer’s ultimate destination.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 6
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 13
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5