Aug 24, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
There were some rumors floating around not that long ago that the Sacramento Kings were shopping Jimmer Fredette, and that the Cavaliers might have been interested.
But Cleveland is seemingly stocked at the guard positions, and while Fredette remains a decent option that may be expendable in Sacramento, Cleveland isn’t a team that would be willing to give up assets in exchange for the pure shooter’s talents.
A few weeks ago, there was a rumor about Jimmer Fredette. I heard it again recently. But the Cavs haven’t even talked to Sacramento (Fredette’s team) in more than a month. The Cavs like their guard rotation of Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Jarrett Jack, and C.J. Miles.
Fredette is likely to be on the trading block, given the limited role that the Kings have available for him with so many other guards in tow. But for whatever it’s worth, Cleveland doesn’t appear to be Jimmer’s ultimate destination.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90