Aug 23, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Last night was supposed to be one of the biggest nights of the year at famed Rucker Park in Harlem, the finals of the EBC league, but rain forced it inside where Kevin Durant, David Lee and some other NBA names still put on a show.
That had me thinking about the history of Rucker — if you’re going to be a real legend on the streets of New York, you need to prove yourself there (Jordan didn’t play there but he showed up for breakfast once).
Dr. J is a legend. There’s a reason he’s in LeBron’s top three. And he brought his game to Rucker Park and packed the house.
This is from the NBA TV’s documentary “The Doctor,” which if you haven’t seen the whole thing you should. Study your history.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23