Aug 23, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Last night was supposed to be one of the biggest nights of the year at famed Rucker Park in Harlem, the finals of the EBC league, but rain forced it inside where Kevin Durant, David Lee and some other NBA names still put on a show.
That had me thinking about the history of Rucker — if you’re going to be a real legend on the streets of New York, you need to prove yourself there (Jordan didn’t play there but he showed up for breakfast once).
Dr. J is a legend. There’s a reason he’s in LeBron’s top three. And he brought his game to Rucker Park and packed the house.
This is from the NBA TV’s documentary “The Doctor,” which if you haven’t seen the whole thing you should. Study your history.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 14
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 31
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 55
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4