Aug 23, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Last night was supposed to be one of the biggest nights of the year at famed Rucker Park in Harlem, the finals of the EBC league, but rain forced it inside where Kevin Durant, David Lee and some other NBA names still put on a show.
That had me thinking about the history of Rucker — if you’re going to be a real legend on the streets of New York, you need to prove yourself there (Jordan didn’t play there but he showed up for breakfast once).
Dr. J is a legend. There’s a reason he’s in LeBron’s top three. And he brought his game to Rucker Park and packed the house.
This is from the NBA TV’s documentary “The Doctor,” which if you haven’t seen the whole thing you should. Study your history.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 52
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6