Aug 23, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Last night was supposed to be one of the biggest nights of the year at famed Rucker Park in Harlem, the finals of the EBC league, but rain forced it inside where Kevin Durant, David Lee and some other NBA names still put on a show.
That had me thinking about the history of Rucker — if you’re going to be a real legend on the streets of New York, you need to prove yourself there (Jordan didn’t play there but he showed up for breakfast once).
Dr. J is a legend. There’s a reason he’s in LeBron’s top three. And he brought his game to Rucker Park and packed the house.
This is from the NBA TV’s documentary “The Doctor,” which if you haven’t seen the whole thing you should. Study your history.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12