Aug 23, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Last night was supposed to be one of the biggest nights of the year at famed Rucker Park in Harlem, the finals of the EBC league, but rain forced it inside where Kevin Durant, David Lee and some other NBA names still put on a show.
That had me thinking about the history of Rucker — if you’re going to be a real legend on the streets of New York, you need to prove yourself there (Jordan didn’t play there but he showed up for breakfast once).
Dr. J is a legend. There’s a reason he’s in LeBron’s top three. And he brought his game to Rucker Park and packed the house.
This is from the NBA TV’s documentary “The Doctor,” which if you haven’t seen the whole thing you should. Study your history.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 3
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 21
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6