Aug 23, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
Seth Curry, the younger brother of All-Star Stephen Curry, is joining his brother on Golden State Warriors.
But likely just for training camp.
The younger Curry is about to sign a contract with the team, reports Warriors World. While there are no details this will be of the non-guaranteed variety, a training camp invite in practice. Curry had an offer from an Italian team that he didn’t take but likely will head overseas when released.
Curry is an undersized two guard (6’3”) who did not take part in draft workouts or Summer League due to a shin injury. What he can do is what his brother also does so well — Seth Curry can shoot, hitting 44 percent of his threes at Duke his senior season. The questions about him start with his size and the fact he lacks the length or explosive athleticism to compensate for it. He doesn’t really create his own shot on offense and his ability to defend other two guards (or points) at the NBA level is in doubt.
Golden State does have just 13 guys on their roster; they could add another guy for the season. They are just fine in the backcourt, where the older Curry and Klay Thompson start, plus at the two they have Toney Douglas off the bench (Kent Bazemore and just drafted Nemanja Nedovic round out the backcourt).
This is the time of year when guys get signed as training camp fodder (you need extra bodies for camp). Seth Curry is not likely to make the Warriors, but we can talk about the brothers being together during camp. That will be nice.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8