Aug 23, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
Seth Curry, the younger brother of All-Star Stephen Curry, is joining his brother on Golden State Warriors.
But likely just for training camp.
The younger Curry is about to sign a contract with the team, reports Warriors World. While there are no details this will be of the non-guaranteed variety, a training camp invite in practice. Curry had an offer from an Italian team that he didn’t take but likely will head overseas when released.
Curry is an undersized two guard (6’3”) who did not take part in draft workouts or Summer League due to a shin injury. What he can do is what his brother also does so well — Seth Curry can shoot, hitting 44 percent of his threes at Duke his senior season. The questions about him start with his size and the fact he lacks the length or explosive athleticism to compensate for it. He doesn’t really create his own shot on offense and his ability to defend other two guards (or points) at the NBA level is in doubt.
Golden State does have just 13 guys on their roster; they could add another guy for the season. They are just fine in the backcourt, where the older Curry and Klay Thompson start, plus at the two they have Toney Douglas off the bench (Kent Bazemore and just drafted Nemanja Nedovic round out the backcourt).
This is the time of year when guys get signed as training camp fodder (you need extra bodies for camp). Seth Curry is not likely to make the Warriors, but we can talk about the brothers being together during camp. That will be nice.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2