Aug 23, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
A hearing in the domestic violence case involving Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson has been delayed until September in order for prosecutors to have more time to investigate, according to a report from the Associated Press.
The incident involved Lawson and his girlfriend and a late night argument between the two last Saturday.
Some additional details:
Both Lawson and his pregnant girlfriend Ashley Pettiford were arrested following a fight at their home Saturday. Pettiford said she heard Lawson on the phone with another woman and said Lawson pushed her as she packed her things. She’s accused of breaking Lawson’s phone.
Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson tells KMGH-TV that the conflict “was a mutual situation.”
Lawson faces charges of physical harassment and criminal mischief.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)