Aug 23, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
A hearing in the domestic violence case involving Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson has been delayed until September in order for prosecutors to have more time to investigate, according to a report from the Associated Press.
The incident involved Lawson and his girlfriend and a late night argument between the two last Saturday.
Some additional details:
Both Lawson and his pregnant girlfriend Ashley Pettiford were arrested following a fight at their home Saturday. Pettiford said she heard Lawson on the phone with another woman and said Lawson pushed her as she packed her things. She’s accused of breaking Lawson’s phone.
Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson tells KMGH-TV that the conflict “was a mutual situation.”
Lawson faces charges of physical harassment and criminal mischief.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20