Aug 23, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
A hearing in the domestic violence case involving Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson has been delayed until September in order for prosecutors to have more time to investigate, according to a report from the Associated Press.
The incident involved Lawson and his girlfriend and a late night argument between the two last Saturday.
Some additional details:
Both Lawson and his pregnant girlfriend Ashley Pettiford were arrested following a fight at their home Saturday. Pettiford said she heard Lawson on the phone with another woman and said Lawson pushed her as she packed her things. She’s accused of breaking Lawson’s phone.
Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson tells KMGH-TV that the conflict “was a mutual situation.”
Lawson faces charges of physical harassment and criminal mischief.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6