Aug 23, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
A hearing in the domestic violence case involving Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson has been delayed until September in order for prosecutors to have more time to investigate, according to a report from the Associated Press.
The incident involved Lawson and his girlfriend and a late night argument between the two last Saturday.
Some additional details:
Both Lawson and his pregnant girlfriend Ashley Pettiford were arrested following a fight at their home Saturday. Pettiford said she heard Lawson on the phone with another woman and said Lawson pushed her as she packed her things. She’s accused of breaking Lawson’s phone.
Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson tells KMGH-TV that the conflict “was a mutual situation.”
Lawson faces charges of physical harassment and criminal mischief.
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 1
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 23