Aug 23, 2013, 5:59 PM EST
I found this fascinating, so we’re bringing it to you.
As you likely know, Brazil is hosting the 2016 Olympics in Rio (right here on NBC) and as part of hyping up Brazilian athletes to the home audience they are doing this Web series called “Draw My Life” where a player tells his life story and an illustrator draws it out. The one above is for the best Brazilian player even in the NBA, Anderson Varejao.
(What, you’re going to give that title to Nene? Tiago Splitter? Oscar Schmidt is the greatest Brazilian player ever but he never came to the NBA.)
The Cavaliers big man is expected back on the court next season, which will be good to see.
This is a fun story and is a little reminder of the long trip it is to the NBA for some guys. By the way, the guy the Lakers selected that Varejao thought would be his pick in the draft… Sasha Vujacic.
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 4
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 5
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)