Aug 23, 2013, 5:59 PM EDT
I found this fascinating, so we’re bringing it to you.
As you likely know, Brazil is hosting the 2016 Olympics in Rio (right here on NBC) and as part of hyping up Brazilian athletes to the home audience they are doing this Web series called “Draw My Life” where a player tells his life story and an illustrator draws it out. The one above is for the best Brazilian player even in the NBA, Anderson Varejao.
(What, you’re going to give that title to Nene? Tiago Splitter? Oscar Schmidt is the greatest Brazilian player ever but he never came to the NBA.)
The Cavaliers big man is expected back on the court next season, which will be good to see.
This is a fun story and is a little reminder of the long trip it is to the NBA for some guys. By the way, the guy the Lakers selected that Varejao thought would be his pick in the draft… Sasha Vujacic.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 1
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 23
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19