Aug 23, 2013, 5:59 PM EDT
I found this fascinating, so we’re bringing it to you.
As you likely know, Brazil is hosting the 2016 Olympics in Rio (right here on NBC) and as part of hyping up Brazilian athletes to the home audience they are doing this Web series called “Draw My Life” where a player tells his life story and an illustrator draws it out. The one above is for the best Brazilian player even in the NBA, Anderson Varejao.
(What, you’re going to give that title to Nene? Tiago Splitter? Oscar Schmidt is the greatest Brazilian player ever but he never came to the NBA.)
The Cavaliers big man is expected back on the court next season, which will be good to see.
This is a fun story and is a little reminder of the long trip it is to the NBA for some guys. By the way, the guy the Lakers selected that Varejao thought would be his pick in the draft… Sasha Vujacic.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 36
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 28
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3