Aug 23, 2013, 5:59 PM EST
I found this fascinating, so we’re bringing it to you.
As you likely know, Brazil is hosting the 2016 Olympics in Rio (right here on NBC) and as part of hyping up Brazilian athletes to the home audience they are doing this Web series called “Draw My Life” where a player tells his life story and an illustrator draws it out. The one above is for the best Brazilian player even in the NBA, Anderson Varejao.
(What, you’re going to give that title to Nene? Tiago Splitter? Oscar Schmidt is the greatest Brazilian player ever but he never came to the NBA.)
The Cavaliers big man is expected back on the court next season, which will be good to see.
This is a fun story and is a little reminder of the long trip it is to the NBA for some guys. By the way, the guy the Lakers selected that Varejao thought would be his pick in the draft… Sasha Vujacic.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 4
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 6
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 21
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 39
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5