Aug 22, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Dion Waters was part of the attraction at an evening pool party outside Philadelphia that was supposed to have 100 people and be dry (not the pool part), but ended up with more like 700 people, loud music, a lot of drinking and more. You can imagine how well this went over with the neighbors.
• Nicole Richie wanted to learn more about basketball. Who would you ask to learn about the game? Timberwolves forward Lazar Hayward of course? What, you had a better option?
• Corey Maggette continues to study up on landing a front office role when he is done playing.
• Jason Quick of the Oregonian is leaving the Trail Blazers beat, and that is a loss for all of us who follow the game. He was one of the best beat writers out there. Quick talked with Blazers Edge about why he wanted out.
• Interesting interview where BBallBreakdown’s Coach Nick talks to advanced analytics guy Ben Alamar about the impact of the new breed of stats on the game.
• I love how the Ed O’Bannon case has the NCAA clearly scared. Now the NCAA is asking for a 15-month delay in the trial.
• Heidi Ueberroth, President of NBA International, is stepping down at the end of the year. Don’t expect that to change the league’s drive to grow internationally, David Stern is making that his focus when he steps down as commissioner in February. Ueberroth is staying on in a consulting role.
• Finally, Matt Barnes and Snoop Dogg hosted a charity flag football game in Los Angeles last weekend. Here are some highlights.
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 0
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58