LeBron dressed up as a 1970s basketball player (VIDEO)

Aug 22, 2013, 10:44 AM EDT

I have no idea what LeBron James is doing… It’s probably an ad for Nike, if I had to guess.

Back in the 1970s nobody was really wearing Nike. There was adidas, Puma, Pony and Converse Chuck Taylors but not a lot of Nike (remember they rose to fame with Michael Jordan in the 1980s). Still, the ad is probably going to be pretty good (Nike knows how to market) and this is an interesting outfit.

As for the dance…

1. jruc - Aug 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Rumor has it that Lebron broke up with his headband. That’s why he found a replacement with that Afro….Nothing special here.

• fanofevilempire - Aug 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM

How the heck did these guys play in Chuck Taylors, I could never buy these shoes to wear, they have no support at all and I would break every bone in my foot just walking in them.
      Much respect to those old timers.

2. 2016olympics - Aug 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM

This is gonna be cool…

3. dbrown224 - Aug 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM

He’s just excited to have hair again

4. 00maltliquor - Aug 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Seriously can’t wait to find out what LeBron ate for breakfast this morning. Double bonus would be what he was watching on TV while eating………………..

• miamatt - Aug 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I’m going with Cap’n Crunch “Oops! Just the Berries” while watching the 1991 Bulls-Pistons ECF on NBA TV.

5. biasedhomer - Aug 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Shorts not short enough, socks not high enough

• miamatt - Aug 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I don’t understand the thumbs down. If we’re talking ’70s, the shorts need to be about six inches shorter and the socks an equal amount higher. It would be authentic AND hilarious.

6. davidwhite2002 - Aug 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Wrong. Nike did not first gain popularity due to Jordan. Nike’s waffle trainer was the first real running shoe in the late 70s. You are right that their basketball shoes came to prominence in Jordan era.

7. dezglobal - Aug 22, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Killer dance moves lol

8. braddavery - Aug 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM

LeBron may be pretty self-centered, but I do dig his sense of humor.

9. antihypocritz - Aug 23, 2013 at 6:26 AM

He’s wearing Nike sneakers that look like knock offs of the Converse Weapon shoe that Bird wore.

Heat can make playoffs without LeBron
Top 10 NBA Player Searches