Aug 22, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
The Lakers have sold black uniforms before but never wore then (I was wrong about that earlier). Now it seems they will come to the court.
The question is: Will these be the uniforms with the sleeves? Hard to picture those sleeves with the traditional unis or the Sunday whites so maybe this is it.
There are a lot of fans that don’t like the sleeves, but they are not going anywhere for a few years. For one, teams think they can sell sleeved jerseys to guys who will not wear tank tops. We’ll see about that. Second, if you’re going to bring in advertising on jerseys as some owners want, a small patch on the sleeve is less intrusive than many other options.
Either way, we will see some Lakers in black next season.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61