Aug 22, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
The Lakers have sold black uniforms before but never wore then (I was wrong about that earlier). Now it seems they will come to the court.
The question is: Will these be the uniforms with the sleeves? Hard to picture those sleeves with the traditional unis or the Sunday whites so maybe this is it.
There are a lot of fans that don’t like the sleeves, but they are not going anywhere for a few years. For one, teams think they can sell sleeved jerseys to guys who will not wear tank tops. We’ll see about that. Second, if you’re going to bring in advertising on jerseys as some owners want, a small patch on the sleeve is less intrusive than many other options.
Either way, we will see some Lakers in black next season.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8