Aug 22, 2013, 4:58 PM EST
The Lakers have sold black uniforms before but never wore then (I was wrong about that earlier). Now it seems they will come to the court.
The question is: Will these be the uniforms with the sleeves? Hard to picture those sleeves with the traditional unis or the Sunday whites so maybe this is it.
There are a lot of fans that don’t like the sleeves, but they are not going anywhere for a few years. For one, teams think they can sell sleeved jerseys to guys who will not wear tank tops. We’ll see about that. Second, if you’re going to bring in advertising on jerseys as some owners want, a small patch on the sleeve is less intrusive than many other options.
Either way, we will see some Lakers in black next season.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 0
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 2
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12