Aug 22, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
The Lakers have sold black uniforms before but never wore then (I was wrong about that earlier). Now it seems they will come to the court.
The question is: Will these be the uniforms with the sleeves? Hard to picture those sleeves with the traditional unis or the Sunday whites so maybe this is it.
There are a lot of fans that don’t like the sleeves, but they are not going anywhere for a few years. For one, teams think they can sell sleeved jerseys to guys who will not wear tank tops. We’ll see about that. Second, if you’re going to bring in advertising on jerseys as some owners want, a small patch on the sleeve is less intrusive than many other options.
Either way, we will see some Lakers in black next season.
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 0
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 3
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1