Aug 22, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
The Lakers have sold black uniforms before but never wore then (I was wrong about that earlier). Now it seems they will come to the court.
The question is: Will these be the uniforms with the sleeves? Hard to picture those sleeves with the traditional unis or the Sunday whites so maybe this is it.
There are a lot of fans that don’t like the sleeves, but they are not going anywhere for a few years. For one, teams think they can sell sleeved jerseys to guys who will not wear tank tops. We’ll see about that. Second, if you’re going to bring in advertising on jerseys as some owners want, a small patch on the sleeve is less intrusive than many other options.
Either way, we will see some Lakers in black next season.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85