Aug 22, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
Metta World Peace will bring toughness, and he will bring some needed perimeter defense, but mostly he will bring a lot of fun quotes for the media to the New York Knicks.
World Peace operates without much of a filter, he is impulsive and in some ways he’s like a big teenager having fun. He’s matured the last few years, he is serious about his craft, but he’s still Metta World Peace.
And he was on Fox Sports’ new channel talking Knicks Wednesday and the New York Post caught the show.
The always colorful and controversial Metta World Peace promised he will have no problems fitting in quietly with the Knicks because he wants a ring and promised, “I’m going to fight for the city.’
“It’s easy when playing on a team to do exactly what the coach asks of you and do what it takes to win,’’ World Peace said… “Don’t fall into the category of egos or ‘I want to be the superstar or I should get more shots.’ We need a ring. That’s all that matters.’’
He’s going to be a fan favorite, because he will bring it every night. He will fight for the city and his teammates. Kobe Bryant loved his mentality. He is fearless. He can be prone to some bad shots and he’s not the defender he was five years ago, but he will be a good upgrade for the Knicks.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7