Aug 22, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
Metta World Peace will bring toughness, and he will bring some needed perimeter defense, but mostly he will bring a lot of fun quotes for the media to the New York Knicks.
World Peace operates without much of a filter, he is impulsive and in some ways he’s like a big teenager having fun. He’s matured the last few years, he is serious about his craft, but he’s still Metta World Peace.
And he was on Fox Sports’ new channel talking Knicks Wednesday and the New York Post caught the show.
The always colorful and controversial Metta World Peace promised he will have no problems fitting in quietly with the Knicks because he wants a ring and promised, “I’m going to fight for the city.’
“It’s easy when playing on a team to do exactly what the coach asks of you and do what it takes to win,’’ World Peace said… “Don’t fall into the category of egos or ‘I want to be the superstar or I should get more shots.’ We need a ring. That’s all that matters.’’
He’s going to be a fan favorite, because he will bring it every night. He will fight for the city and his teammates. Kobe Bryant loved his mentality. He is fearless. He can be prone to some bad shots and he’s not the defender he was five years ago, but he will be a good upgrade for the Knicks.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 0
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 13
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 19
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19