Aug 22, 2013, 11:47 AM EST
Metta World Peace will bring toughness, and he will bring some needed perimeter defense, but mostly he will bring a lot of fun quotes for the media to the New York Knicks.
World Peace operates without much of a filter, he is impulsive and in some ways he’s like a big teenager having fun. He’s matured the last few years, he is serious about his craft, but he’s still Metta World Peace.
And he was on Fox Sports’ new channel talking Knicks Wednesday and the New York Post caught the show.
The always colorful and controversial Metta World Peace promised he will have no problems fitting in quietly with the Knicks because he wants a ring and promised, “I’m going to fight for the city.’
“It’s easy when playing on a team to do exactly what the coach asks of you and do what it takes to win,’’ World Peace said… “Don’t fall into the category of egos or ‘I want to be the superstar or I should get more shots.’ We need a ring. That’s all that matters.’’
He’s going to be a fan favorite, because he will bring it every night. He will fight for the city and his teammates. Kobe Bryant loved his mentality. He is fearless. He can be prone to some bad shots and he’s not the defender he was five years ago, but he will be a good upgrade for the Knicks.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 8
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13