Aug 22, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
Metta World Peace will bring toughness, and he will bring some needed perimeter defense, but mostly he will bring a lot of fun quotes for the media to the New York Knicks.
World Peace operates without much of a filter, he is impulsive and in some ways he’s like a big teenager having fun. He’s matured the last few years, he is serious about his craft, but he’s still Metta World Peace.
And he was on Fox Sports’ new channel talking Knicks Wednesday and the New York Post caught the show.
The always colorful and controversial Metta World Peace promised he will have no problems fitting in quietly with the Knicks because he wants a ring and promised, “I’m going to fight for the city.’
“It’s easy when playing on a team to do exactly what the coach asks of you and do what it takes to win,’’ World Peace said… “Don’t fall into the category of egos or ‘I want to be the superstar or I should get more shots.’ We need a ring. That’s all that matters.’’
He’s going to be a fan favorite, because he will bring it every night. He will fight for the city and his teammates. Kobe Bryant loved his mentality. He is fearless. He can be prone to some bad shots and he’s not the defender he was five years ago, but he will be a good upgrade for the Knicks.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 21
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 70
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8