Aug 22, 2013, 11:47 AM EST
Metta World Peace will bring toughness, and he will bring some needed perimeter defense, but mostly he will bring a lot of fun quotes for the media to the New York Knicks.
World Peace operates without much of a filter, he is impulsive and in some ways he’s like a big teenager having fun. He’s matured the last few years, he is serious about his craft, but he’s still Metta World Peace.
And he was on Fox Sports’ new channel talking Knicks Wednesday and the New York Post caught the show.
The always colorful and controversial Metta World Peace promised he will have no problems fitting in quietly with the Knicks because he wants a ring and promised, “I’m going to fight for the city.’
“It’s easy when playing on a team to do exactly what the coach asks of you and do what it takes to win,’’ World Peace said… “Don’t fall into the category of egos or ‘I want to be the superstar or I should get more shots.’ We need a ring. That’s all that matters.’’
He’s going to be a fan favorite, because he will bring it every night. He will fight for the city and his teammates. Kobe Bryant loved his mentality. He is fearless. He can be prone to some bad shots and he’s not the defender he was five years ago, but he will be a good upgrade for the Knicks.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11