Pickup basketball stereotypes (VIDEO)

Aug 21, 2013, 11:21 AM EDT

You probably remember the guys from Dude Perfect for their ridiculous trick shots, but here they have branched out with a really funny video if you (like me) play pick-up basketball.  They breakdown the pickup ball stereotypes.

It’s amazing how much in pickup guys fall into these categories. Doesn’t matter where you play, or at what level, you find these guys. It may not be an NBA topic, but I think most of us can relate to this.

My last couple games, I was “my bad guy.”

Hat tip to BroBible.com.

1. unsportsmenmic - Aug 21, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Reblogged this on UnSportsMenMic and commented:
    This video is awesome, I’m def the player/coach guy. Who are you?

2. paleihe - Aug 21, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Ha ha, that video is awesome! Freaking hilarious!

3. 00maltliquor - Aug 21, 2013 at 2:06 PM

LOL that was dope!

I HATE the “Foul Guys”! I’ve NEVER called a foul playing streetball, ever. No matter how hard and apparent the foul. If it’s that bad everyone usually just stops the game and let’s you take it out on top anyways. I can’t stand the Foul Guys though.

They had the “Old Guy” but they didn’t have the “Older Middle-Age Dude” that has no speed or athleticism but has every trick in the book and is fundamentally sound af and usually banks his 10 footers.

Or the “Superstar-in-his-mind” that is actually really good, but has no concept of team ball and hogs the rock all the dang time.

4. skinsfanwill - Aug 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I liked this video. Too damn funny!!!
    Here are a few: the
    1. “dribbles forever until he crosses you over” guy. but can’t make a layup or an open jumper. I friggin hate playing with that guy.

2. The guy that NEVER passes- he will be tripled teamed and still toss up some garbage.

3. the guy that SHOULD be in the league and not playing pick up basketball.

4. The bully/gangster – he’s always got next no matter who is on the court or who has next.

5. the Silent Killer. The guys says nothing EVER, but can’t miss a shot. always gets picked last

6. How can you not have the cherry picker. You couldn’t pay this guy to play defense.

7. the short guy that always want’s to post you up. Napolean ballers.

Just a few off the top of my head.

• 00maltliquor - Aug 21, 2013 at 11:02 PM

#4…LOL

5. rjlink1 - Aug 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM

–”Banana swirl!”

–”I DON’T KNOW WHAT THAT IS!”

LOL.

6. jlinatl - Aug 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Guy that complains about fouls but doesn’t actually call a foul because he’s too manly

How Cleveland was fit for a King