Aug 21, 2013, 12:03 PM EDT
It’s not easy to name just three players as the greatest of all time, not if you are really a student of the game. You can make an argument for a lot of guys.
LeBron James struggled with it when asked by Fox Sports. But he ultimately settled on Michael Jordan, Julius “Dr. J” Erving, and Larry Bird.
My three? Jordan, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
But that leaves off guys like Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain or others that should be on that top tier. Our personal biases and preferences come into play with a list like this (even though we like to argue them as fact). Leave your three in the comments.
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Report: LeBron James still upset by Dan Gilbert’s infamous letter 68
- While waiting on Plan A to make up his mind, Lakers mulling Plan B options 9
- Report: Heat and Cavaliers expect decision before LeBron James leaves for Sunday’s World Cup final 56
- Reports: Carmelo Anthony unsure on Knicks, can’t get the Bulls out of his head 50
- Phil Jackson says he has not heard from Carmelo, has tried to recruit Gasol 35
- With lower-than-expected salary cap, will Rockets and Pelicans still complete Omer Asik trade? 20
- Reports: LeBron James and agent done meeting with teams 80
- Rockets can’t keep Dwight Howard, James Harden and Chandler Parsons and give Chris Bosh max contract 46