Aug 21, 2013, 12:03 PM EST
It’s not easy to name just three players as the greatest of all time, not if you are really a student of the game. You can make an argument for a lot of guys.
LeBron James struggled with it when asked by Fox Sports. But he ultimately settled on Michael Jordan, Julius “Dr. J” Erving, and Larry Bird.
My three? Jordan, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
But that leaves off guys like Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain or others that should be on that top tier. Our personal biases and preferences come into play with a list like this (even though we like to argue them as fact). Leave your three in the comments.
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 29
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20