Aug 21, 2013, 12:03 PM EST
It’s not easy to name just three players as the greatest of all time, not if you are really a student of the game. You can make an argument for a lot of guys.
LeBron James struggled with it when asked by Fox Sports. But he ultimately settled on Michael Jordan, Julius “Dr. J” Erving, and Larry Bird.
My three? Jordan, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
But that leaves off guys like Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain or others that should be on that top tier. Our personal biases and preferences come into play with a list like this (even though we like to argue them as fact). Leave your three in the comments.
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 12
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16