Aug 21, 2013, 12:03 PM EDT
It’s not easy to name just three players as the greatest of all time, not if you are really a student of the game. You can make an argument for a lot of guys.
LeBron James struggled with it when asked by Fox Sports. But he ultimately settled on Michael Jordan, Julius “Dr. J” Erving, and Larry Bird.
My three? Jordan, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
But that leaves off guys like Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain or others that should be on that top tier. Our personal biases and preferences come into play with a list like this (even though we like to argue them as fact). Leave your three in the comments.
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 0
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 16
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 23
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32