Aug 21, 2013, 4:28 PM EDT
There are a handful of NBA roster spots not filled yet, and that means a few teams still looking at the guys not yet inked somewhere.
Free agent forward James Johnson will attend workouts for the San Antonio Spurs, Atlanta Hawks and Utah Jazz and is hoping to leave teams impressed, league sources told RealGM.
The 6’9” forward spent last season in Sacramento, where he averaged 5.1 points a game but needed 5.2 shots a game to get there. And that remains the big issue — he is not an efficient scorer. He shoots 55.7 percent in the restricted area, which is not good, and 29.5 percent from the midrange. He can fall in love with longer two pointers and teams will let him take those all night long.
That said he’s just 26 and the former No. 16 pick is athletic. It is possible a workout leads to a camp invite, then he goes from there.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2