Aug 21, 2013, 4:28 PM EST
There are a handful of NBA roster spots not filled yet, and that means a few teams still looking at the guys not yet inked somewhere.
Free agent forward James Johnson will attend workouts for the San Antonio Spurs, Atlanta Hawks and Utah Jazz and is hoping to leave teams impressed, league sources told RealGM.
The 6’9” forward spent last season in Sacramento, where he averaged 5.1 points a game but needed 5.2 shots a game to get there. And that remains the big issue — he is not an efficient scorer. He shoots 55.7 percent in the restricted area, which is not good, and 29.5 percent from the midrange. He can fall in love with longer two pointers and teams will let him take those all night long.
That said he’s just 26 and the former No. 16 pick is athletic. It is possible a workout leads to a camp invite, then he goes from there.
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 20
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee 55
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star 32
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now 37
- Report: Michael Jordan’s wife pregnant with twin girls 9
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (55)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (42)