Aug 21, 2013, 4:28 PM EDT
There are a handful of NBA roster spots not filled yet, and that means a few teams still looking at the guys not yet inked somewhere.
Free agent forward James Johnson will attend workouts for the San Antonio Spurs, Atlanta Hawks and Utah Jazz and is hoping to leave teams impressed, league sources told RealGM.
The 6’9” forward spent last season in Sacramento, where he averaged 5.1 points a game but needed 5.2 shots a game to get there. And that remains the big issue — he is not an efficient scorer. He shoots 55.7 percent in the restricted area, which is not good, and 29.5 percent from the midrange. He can fall in love with longer two pointers and teams will let him take those all night long.
That said he’s just 26 and the former No. 16 pick is athletic. It is possible a workout leads to a camp invite, then he goes from there.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 6
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 32
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 8