Aug 21, 2013, 1:49 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls have 13 guys guaranteed on the roster, they have a couple spots they can fill if they want. They may not do so, but the space is there if a player can convince them they will help.
Dexter Pittman has given up a European contract to take a shot at one of those spots, reports Sportando.
Free agent big man Dexter Pittman turned down an offer from Italian Club Sidigas Avellino, a source told Sportando. The center will join the training camp of the Chicago Bulls hoping to get a contract for the coming season.
Pittman couldn’t crack the Heat’s rotation last year, and that was a team that could use help along the front line. He ended up with a cup of coffee in Memphis. The Bulls are deep up front, this is a hard rotation to crack.
Pittman has the size, he’s a 6’11” but he has had conditioning issues and could never just get in the rotation. Hard to see how Pittman can do that suddenly out of the Bulls, but he believes in himself.
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 6
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 14
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)