Aug 21, 2013, 1:49 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls have 13 guys guaranteed on the roster, they have a couple spots they can fill if they want. They may not do so, but the space is there if a player can convince them they will help.
Dexter Pittman has given up a European contract to take a shot at one of those spots, reports Sportando.
Free agent big man Dexter Pittman turned down an offer from Italian Club Sidigas Avellino, a source told Sportando. The center will join the training camp of the Chicago Bulls hoping to get a contract for the coming season.
Pittman couldn’t crack the Heat’s rotation last year, and that was a team that could use help along the front line. He ended up with a cup of coffee in Memphis. The Bulls are deep up front, this is a hard rotation to crack.
Pittman has the size, he’s a 6’11” but he has had conditioning issues and could never just get in the rotation. Hard to see how Pittman can do that suddenly out of the Bulls, but he believes in himself.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5