Aug 21, 2013, 1:49 PM EDT
The Chicago Bulls have 13 guys guaranteed on the roster, they have a couple spots they can fill if they want. They may not do so, but the space is there if a player can convince them they will help.
Dexter Pittman has given up a European contract to take a shot at one of those spots, reports Sportando.
Free agent big man Dexter Pittman turned down an offer from Italian Club Sidigas Avellino, a source told Sportando. The center will join the training camp of the Chicago Bulls hoping to get a contract for the coming season.
Pittman couldn’t crack the Heat’s rotation last year, and that was a team that could use help along the front line. He ended up with a cup of coffee in Memphis. The Bulls are deep up front, this is a hard rotation to crack.
Pittman has the size, he’s a 6’11” but he has had conditioning issues and could never just get in the rotation. Hard to see how Pittman can do that suddenly out of the Bulls, but he believes in himself.
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14