Aug 21, 2013, 1:49 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls have 13 guys guaranteed on the roster, they have a couple spots they can fill if they want. They may not do so, but the space is there if a player can convince them they will help.
Dexter Pittman has given up a European contract to take a shot at one of those spots, reports Sportando.
Free agent big man Dexter Pittman turned down an offer from Italian Club Sidigas Avellino, a source told Sportando. The center will join the training camp of the Chicago Bulls hoping to get a contract for the coming season.
Pittman couldn’t crack the Heat’s rotation last year, and that was a team that could use help along the front line. He ended up with a cup of coffee in Memphis. The Bulls are deep up front, this is a hard rotation to crack.
Pittman has the size, he’s a 6’11” but he has had conditioning issues and could never just get in the rotation. Hard to see how Pittman can do that suddenly out of the Bulls, but he believes in himself.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 14
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8