Aug 21, 2013, 1:49 PM EDT
The Chicago Bulls have 13 guys guaranteed on the roster, they have a couple spots they can fill if they want. They may not do so, but the space is there if a player can convince them they will help.
Dexter Pittman has given up a European contract to take a shot at one of those spots, reports Sportando.
Free agent big man Dexter Pittman turned down an offer from Italian Club Sidigas Avellino, a source told Sportando. The center will join the training camp of the Chicago Bulls hoping to get a contract for the coming season.
Pittman couldn’t crack the Heat’s rotation last year, and that was a team that could use help along the front line. He ended up with a cup of coffee in Memphis. The Bulls are deep up front, this is a hard rotation to crack.
Pittman has the size, he’s a 6’11” but he has had conditioning issues and could never just get in the rotation. Hard to see how Pittman can do that suddenly out of the Bulls, but he believes in himself.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 22
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 26
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8