Aug 20, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
We’ve known for a little while now that the short-sleeved jerseys the Golden State Warriors experimented with last season would be expanded to more teams for the upcoming season.
We now have word that the Lakers will be among those entering this brave new world of fashion.
The Lakers will wear short-sleeve jerseys next season in “several” games, according to a team source.
The jerseys will be white, the same color as the alternative uniforms the Lakers introduced for the 2002-03 season and traditionally wears on Sundays.
No word yet on if the short-sleeved edition will completely take over the tradition of the Sunday whites, but it’s clear that the league’s uniform outfitter, adidas, is getting more than a fair shot to convince the apparel-buying public that these jerseys are in fact the trnd of the future.
For fans that don’t like the new look and want it gone as soon as possible, there’s a very simple way to make that happen: Don’t buy any of the short-sleeved jerseys. But if sales numbers of the sleeved jerseys outperform those of replica ones sold in years’ past, then you can bet that the sleeved look will be something that’s here to stay.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23