Aug 20, 2013, 9:54 PM EST
The Pistons have reached an agreement to add free agent big man Josh Harrellson to the roster, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.
The contract will be partially guaranteed for this season, with a team option for a second year.
Harrellson appeared in 37 games for the Knicks two years ago, before being traded as a part of the deal that brought Marcus Camby to New York. He was a member of the Miami Heat last season and appeared in six games for them, before he was waived in January.
Harrellson has been playing overseas ever since, and earned player of the year honors for his work in China where he averaged 22.3 points, 18.2 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 1.5 blocks and 1.2 steals last season.
With the addition of Harrellson, the Pistons roster stands at 15 players, which is the league maximum. Harrellson and second round draft pick Peyton Siva are the only ones without fully guaranteed deals for next season.
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9