Aug 20, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
You can see how this happens: LeBron James knows he is running late to the Justin Timberlake/Jay-Z concert he really wants to see (and most likely did not pay a penny for the amazing tickets he’s got) so he — or his guy — asks a policeman for a little help. And because he’s LeBron in Miami guys are only too happy to help — he’s the King. And suddenly LeBron has a police escort all the way to the stadium.
Which must feel pretty cool, I’ll admit. So LeBron films it and puts it up on Instagram.
Where a bunch of people watch it, including people in Miami saying “Why are the police giving him an escort down the wrong side of the street to the concert exactly?”
All of which led up to this statement from the Miami Dade Police Department Monday.
“It has been brought to our attention that a video was posted on the Internet by LeBron James… shows him being escorted onto the property of Sunlife Stadium for a concert on Friday. Upon further investigation, it has been confirmed that the Miami-Dade Police Department did facilitate Mr. James from one intersection to another, in the adjacent area of the stadium. This was not a scheduled escort and although all safety precautions were taken, the department has identified these actions as a violation of departmental policy. The Miami-Dade Police Department will continue to look into the matter.”
Somebody’s in trouble.
Most likely there will be a slap on the wrist or two, a couple guys get a mark on their permanent record, and then it all blows over. And next time LeBron gets an escort from police, he knows not to post the video. No matter how cool it is.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 0
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 2
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12