Aug 20, 2013, 4:12 PM EST
The Milwaukee Bucks are rebuilding around Larry Sanders.
Well, not completely, they plan on getting some guys to go around him (they are not full on “woeful for Wiggins” but they are lottery bound) but the shot blocking big man will be at their core.
We told you before the two sides reached a four-year, $44 million extension to Sanders’ rookie deal (he has one season left on that), with incentives that could take it to $48 million. Sanders signed the contract on Tuesday and sent the picture out on Instagram with this quote:
It’s official..can’t believe I’ve been granted this opportunity to represent Milwaukee for the next 5 years and hopefully the rest of my career. Words can not explain my gratitude for the @bucks organization and the faith in me as a leader and a worker..I won’t let you down Mil-town..see you in the BC!!! #letsgobucks#bucknation #buck4life
Good to see someone wanting to be a Buck for life. Besides Bango.
Sanders is a good defensive center who averaged 2.8 blocks, 9.8 points and 9.5 rebounds a game last season. A lot of people didn’t notice because he was on the Bucks, but this is a very good young center. This is a fair deal for both sides.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 7
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 37
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 28
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12