Aug 20, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
The Milwaukee Bucks are rebuilding around Larry Sanders.
Well, not completely, they plan on getting some guys to go around him (they are not full on “woeful for Wiggins” but they are lottery bound) but the shot blocking big man will be at their core.
We told you before the two sides reached a four-year, $44 million extension to Sanders’ rookie deal (he has one season left on that), with incentives that could take it to $48 million. Sanders signed the contract on Tuesday and sent the picture out on Instagram with this quote:
It’s official..can’t believe I’ve been granted this opportunity to represent Milwaukee for the next 5 years and hopefully the rest of my career. Words can not explain my gratitude for the @bucks organization and the faith in me as a leader and a worker..I won’t let you down Mil-town..see you in the BC!!! #letsgobucks#bucknation #buck4life
Good to see someone wanting to be a Buck for life. Besides Bango.
Sanders is a good defensive center who averaged 2.8 blocks, 9.8 points and 9.5 rebounds a game last season. A lot of people didn’t notice because he was on the Bucks, but this is a very good young center. This is a fair deal for both sides.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 36
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 44
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 20
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 57
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7