Aug 20, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
The Milwaukee Bucks are rebuilding around Larry Sanders.
Well, not completely, they plan on getting some guys to go around him (they are not full on “woeful for Wiggins” but they are lottery bound) but the shot blocking big man will be at their core.
We told you before the two sides reached a four-year, $44 million extension to Sanders’ rookie deal (he has one season left on that), with incentives that could take it to $48 million. Sanders signed the contract on Tuesday and sent the picture out on Instagram with this quote:
It’s official..can’t believe I’ve been granted this opportunity to represent Milwaukee for the next 5 years and hopefully the rest of my career. Words can not explain my gratitude for the @bucks organization and the faith in me as a leader and a worker..I won’t let you down Mil-town..see you in the BC!!! #letsgobucks#bucknation #buck4life
Good to see someone wanting to be a Buck for life. Besides Bango.
Sanders is a good defensive center who averaged 2.8 blocks, 9.8 points and 9.5 rebounds a game last season. A lot of people didn’t notice because he was on the Bucks, but this is a very good young center. This is a fair deal for both sides.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49