Aug 20, 2013, 4:12 PM EST
The Milwaukee Bucks are rebuilding around Larry Sanders.
Well, not completely, they plan on getting some guys to go around him (they are not full on “woeful for Wiggins” but they are lottery bound) but the shot blocking big man will be at their core.
We told you before the two sides reached a four-year, $44 million extension to Sanders’ rookie deal (he has one season left on that), with incentives that could take it to $48 million. Sanders signed the contract on Tuesday and sent the picture out on Instagram with this quote:
It’s official..can’t believe I’ve been granted this opportunity to represent Milwaukee for the next 5 years and hopefully the rest of my career. Words can not explain my gratitude for the @bucks organization and the faith in me as a leader and a worker..I won’t let you down Mil-town..see you in the BC!!! #letsgobucks#bucknation #buck4life
Good to see someone wanting to be a Buck for life. Besides Bango.
Sanders is a good defensive center who averaged 2.8 blocks, 9.8 points and 9.5 rebounds a game last season. A lot of people didn’t notice because he was on the Bucks, but this is a very good young center. This is a fair deal for both sides.
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 0
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5