Larry Sanders makes it official, signs four-year extension with Bucks

Aug 20, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT

via Instagram via Instagram

The Milwaukee Bucks are rebuilding around Larry Sanders.

Well, not completely, they plan on getting some guys to go around him (they are not full on “woeful for Wiggins” but they are lottery bound) but the shot blocking big man will be at their core.

We told you before the two sides reached a four-year, $44 million extension to Sanders’ rookie deal (he has one season left on that), with incentives that could take it to $48 million. Sanders signed the contract on Tuesday and sent the picture out on Instagram with this quote:

It’s official..can’t believe I’ve been granted this opportunity to represent Milwaukee for the next 5 years and hopefully the rest of my career. Words can not explain my gratitude for the @bucks organization and the faith in me as a leader and a worker..I won’t let you down Mil-town..see you in the BC!!! #letsgobucks#bucknation #buck4life

Good to see someone wanting to be a Buck for life. Besides Bango.

Sanders is a good defensive center who averaged 2.8 blocks, 9.8 points and 9.5 rebounds a game last season. A lot of people didn’t notice because he was on the Bucks, but this is a very good young center. This is a fair deal for both sides.

1. jcmeyer10 - Aug 20, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Pretty sure they should be signing his daughter. Girl be dunkin over Larry in diapers.

2. jcmeyer10 - Aug 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM

In all seriousness, I wish he was on my team. Loved his game when I saw him play the Celtics.

3. truthb3t0ld - Aug 20, 2013 at 4:50 PM

If only he would have stayed at VCU for another season… MAYBE we could have beat Butler in the Final 4. Ahh we’ll, Congrats on the new contract.

4. boscoesworld - Aug 20, 2013 at 5:05 PM

He is a good young player. Needs to control his emotions a bit except maybe when he is smacking Monte Ellis down for phoning it in!!!

5. money2long - Aug 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM

look at how big his hands are. is it shocking he gets as many blocks as he does

• skinsfanwill - Aug 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Blocks are about instincts and timing. Every center in the league has big hands. I hope he improves his offensive game because he can be a real threat as a player. I like his guy. Works hard and plays hard. Glad he got paid.

6. aat1001 - Aug 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM

V-C-U!!! Go Rams Go!!!! 🐑

7. muhangis - Aug 21, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Go VCU Rams!

Got more Rams fans in here than do Bucks.. lol

8. skinsfanwill - Aug 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Milwaukee should have kept Tobias Harris. With those two working hard night in and night out they would be able to compete.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches