Aug 20, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
There is not much room in the rotation, but there is room on the roster in New Orleans — they have only 13 spots filled.
Which leads us to this news about swingman Josh Childress:
The Kings and Sixers also reportedly had a little interest in Childress. But nobody has a lot of interest.
Childress would be a guy deep off the bench playing for a minimum deal, and in that role he’s fine for New Orleans. Last season he played in just 14 games (and scored 14 points) for Brooklyn last season. Nobody questions the former Stanford stars athleticism, but rather how he uses it — he has gotten to the free throw line four times in two seasons (48 games, 591 minutes). In those two seasons he’s shot 45 percent overall and he isn’t strong from three. He needs to attack or hit his jumpers to have real value.
But again, at the end of the bench for a minimum deal this is fine.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 9
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 28
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17