Aug 20, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
First Brandon Jennings got slapped around by the realities of the NBA marketplace, now this.
That snark aside, Jennings deserves some credit here for not snapping and getting tossed himself. He was the cooler head.
This was one of the Drew League semi-final games, the premiere L.A. pro-am league (and remember Jennings is an L.A. guy), and that other guy is Mike Taylor, who spent a season with the Clippers a few years back but last season was coming off the bench for the D-Fenders of the D-League.
The moment comes at the :57 mark when Taylor makes a play and does a lot of talking, then as guys are trying to keep them apart Taylor slaps Jennings. That rightfully got him ejected.
Jennings is working out in Los Angeles before heading back to be the Pistons’ point guard on what is going to be an interesting team with Josh Smith, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe along the front line. Jennings knocks down a jumper in this video and the Pistons are going to need that kind of floor spacing.
By the way, the real star of the game was Dorell Wright who had 29 points to lead the Kings of L.A. (in the white unis) to the win.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 41
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30