Aug 20, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
First Brandon Jennings got slapped around by the realities of the NBA marketplace, now this.
That snark aside, Jennings deserves some credit here for not snapping and getting tossed himself. He was the cooler head.
This was one of the Drew League semi-final games, the premiere L.A. pro-am league (and remember Jennings is an L.A. guy), and that other guy is Mike Taylor, who spent a season with the Clippers a few years back but last season was coming off the bench for the D-Fenders of the D-League.
The moment comes at the :57 mark when Taylor makes a play and does a lot of talking, then as guys are trying to keep them apart Taylor slaps Jennings. That rightfully got him ejected.
Jennings is working out in Los Angeles before heading back to be the Pistons’ point guard on what is going to be an interesting team with Josh Smith, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe along the front line. Jennings knocks down a jumper in this video and the Pistons are going to need that kind of floor spacing.
By the way, the real star of the game was Dorell Wright who had 29 points to lead the Kings of L.A. (in the white unis) to the win.
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 0
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 39
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 30
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91