Aug 20, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
First Brandon Jennings got slapped around by the realities of the NBA marketplace, now this.
That snark aside, Jennings deserves some credit here for not snapping and getting tossed himself. He was the cooler head.
This was one of the Drew League semi-final games, the premiere L.A. pro-am league (and remember Jennings is an L.A. guy), and that other guy is Mike Taylor, who spent a season with the Clippers a few years back but last season was coming off the bench for the D-Fenders of the D-League.
The moment comes at the :57 mark when Taylor makes a play and does a lot of talking, then as guys are trying to keep them apart Taylor slaps Jennings. That rightfully got him ejected.
Jennings is working out in Los Angeles before heading back to be the Pistons’ point guard on what is going to be an interesting team with Josh Smith, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe along the front line. Jennings knocks down a jumper in this video and the Pistons are going to need that kind of floor spacing.
By the way, the real star of the game was Dorell Wright who had 29 points to lead the Kings of L.A. (in the white unis) to the win.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4