Aug 20, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
First Brandon Jennings got slapped around by the realities of the NBA marketplace, now this.
That snark aside, Jennings deserves some credit here for not snapping and getting tossed himself. He was the cooler head.
This was one of the Drew League semi-final games, the premiere L.A. pro-am league (and remember Jennings is an L.A. guy), and that other guy is Mike Taylor, who spent a season with the Clippers a few years back but last season was coming off the bench for the D-Fenders of the D-League.
The moment comes at the :57 mark when Taylor makes a play and does a lot of talking, then as guys are trying to keep them apart Taylor slaps Jennings. That rightfully got him ejected.
Jennings is working out in Los Angeles before heading back to be the Pistons’ point guard on what is going to be an interesting team with Josh Smith, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe along the front line. Jennings knocks down a jumper in this video and the Pistons are going to need that kind of floor spacing.
By the way, the real star of the game was Dorell Wright who had 29 points to lead the Kings of L.A. (in the white unis) to the win.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50