Brandon Jennings got slapped in face at Drew League game (VIDEO)

Aug 20, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT

First Brandon Jennings got slapped around by the realities of the NBA marketplace, now this.

That snark aside, Jennings deserves some credit here for not snapping and getting tossed himself. He was the cooler head.

This was one of the Drew League semi-final games, the premiere L.A. pro-am league (and remember Jennings is an L.A. guy), and that other guy is Mike Taylor, who spent a season with the Clippers a few years back but last season was coming off the bench for the D-Fenders of the D-League.

The moment comes at the :57 mark when Taylor makes a play and does a lot of talking, then as guys are trying to keep them apart Taylor slaps Jennings. That rightfully got him ejected.

Jennings is working out in Los Angeles before heading back to be the Pistons’ point guard on what is going to be an interesting team with Josh Smith, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe along the front line. Jennings knocks down a jumper in this video and the Pistons are going to need that kind of floor spacing.

By the way, the real star of the game was Dorell Wright who had 29 points to lead the Kings of L.A. (in the white unis) to the win.

1. deavn - Aug 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM

That was the weakest slap I’ve ever seen in my life. I thought it would have been more entertaining than that.

2. timb12 - Aug 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Still big of Jennings not to retaliate.

3. 00maltliquor - Aug 20, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I was doing my yearly pre-pre season NBA power rankings last night (not that anyone here gives af) and to my surprise I had the Pistons making the playoffs with the 8th seed. I was shocked.

Outside the top 5-6 teams out East, it gets real, real weak. The West is LOADED and it’s going to be a real battle for positioning and even just to make it for some deserving teams. I have a feeling this upcoming season is going to be wildly epic. I just pray that it doesn’t get absolutely decimated by key injuries like last year.

• jcmeyer10 - Aug 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Throw em up, I’m curious. After that Jeff Green post, I am not a hundred percent sure Kurt watched basketball last year :D.

• 00maltliquor - Aug 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Really? Okay then, I’ll put it up right now. If you don’t see it in10-20 min. from this post then just know that Pee Bee Tee blocked it as they usually do when I type out lengthy post or post that take more then 2 minutes (sometimes I start typing and then walk away from the keyboard to do whatever and come back and continue. That’s almost like a post death sentence though on here for some reason. IDK if it’s just me but it almost always happens).

• 00maltliquor - Aug 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM

2013-14 predictions (Barring key, lengthy injuries of course.)

WESTERN CONFERENCE

3-HOU
        4-SAS
        5-GSW
        6-MIN
        7-MEM
        8-POR

DEN (was VERY hard to leave out)
        LAL (even HARDER!! But I need to be objective. I hope I’m wrong)
        NOP
        DAL
        SAC
        PHX
        UTA

Every single team out West would have a shot to make the playoffs had they have been in the East. Plus every team seems to have a future or seem to be headed in a good direction. LAL depending on how they use that cap room in 2014, DAL as well (don’t really know their contract situation). It will be neck and neck for positioning from spots 1 through 15. There will be a ton of teams that where there will be just a game or two/ three away from being able to leapfrog into a higher position.

This was by far the hardest season to predict out West I’ve ever experienced. I could either look like a genius or like a straight idiot, with probably no in-between. You can make a strong case for any team being too high or too low and I most likely wouldn’t argue with it.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

CLE
        DET
        MIL

Southeast

MIA (surprise, surprise!)
        WAS (!!!)
        ***now this is where this gets tough, for me. Hardest to figure out the bottom 3 in this division then any other division***
        CHA
        ORL
        ATL (go ahead, you can argue to switch any of these teams. I’m just gonna roll with this though. C’mon Bobcats, don’t let me downnn! lol! I’m sure A LOTTT of people will cry foul on ATL being on the bottom. I just don’t believe in them. We’ll see.)

1-MIA

BOS
        CHA
        ORL
        ATL
        PHI

• jcmeyer10 - Aug 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I like it. I agree, there will be some foolish looking pundits by seasons end. There are so many x-factors that could take a team up 5 spots or down 5.

• shanelsweet - Aug 20, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Post it, please. Do you have the Wizards dropping out of the playoffs?

• 00maltliquor - Aug 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM

@ shanelsweet

You know what, what’s even crazier to me then having DET at the 8th spot is that I actually have WAS in the 7th spot! I really didn’t want to even put them in the playoffs altogether but after further review of the EC I almost had no choice but to recognize them. They have a pretty nice team, especially depth-wise, amazingly. They got solid backups at every position.

• adamsjohn714 - Aug 21, 2013 at 9:41 AM

If Drummond stays healthy and they play him starter minutes they’re definitely making the playoffs. Losing Calderon hurts, though. As long as it doesn’t turn into a Josh Smith & Brandon Jennings jumpshot extravaganza, they might get as high as the 6 seed.

4. skinsfanwill - Aug 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I’m not sure I agree the West is gonna be tougher than the East. Last year, of the top 16 teams in the league, 8 were from the East. And the West plays no defense. I personally think the west is falling off the map outside of the top 8. There is a pretty steep drop off after that.

• 00maltliquor - Aug 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM

So you mean that of the top 16 it was 50/50 huh? Okay. The East is top heavy, I’ll give them that, but after the top 6 (this year) the East falls off the freaking cliff. I think any team out the playoffs in the West would have a legit shot to snag the 7th/8th seed in the East. The West is deeper then a shark tank in the Mandalay Bay. Plus most of the bottom half of the teams last year were Eastern Conference.

• 00maltliquor - Aug 21, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Actually, I just checked. 7 out of the top 16 teams were East teams.

Top 5= 4 West teams
      Top 10=6 West teams
      Top 16= 9 West teams

So what are you talkin’ ’bout Willis??

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches