Aug 19, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
Shannon Brown is one of the better in-game dunkers we have today, but for some reason he can’t seem to get it together when taking his talents to a dunk contest.
In 2010 while with the Lakers, Brown lobbied to participate in that year’s contest at All-Star weekend in Dallas, and was granted the opportunity to do so. But his performance was lackluster and unimaginative, and he was eliminated early on.
Last week in Latvia, Brown once again was a dunk contest participant, but things managed to go even worse.
As he gets a running start to try to leap over a few people, he slips and ends up on his backside before he ever got off the ground.
You can check out the painful proceedings from a couple more angles over at WFNY.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14