Aug 19, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
Shannon Brown is one of the better in-game dunkers we have today, but for some reason he can’t seem to get it together when taking his talents to a dunk contest.
In 2010 while with the Lakers, Brown lobbied to participate in that year’s contest at All-Star weekend in Dallas, and was granted the opportunity to do so. But his performance was lackluster and unimaginative, and he was eliminated early on.
Last week in Latvia, Brown once again was a dunk contest participant, but things managed to go even worse.
As he gets a running start to try to leap over a few people, he slips and ends up on his backside before he ever got off the ground.
You can check out the painful proceedings from a couple more angles over at WFNY.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 17
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 29
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23