Aug 19, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
Shannon Brown is one of the better in-game dunkers we have today, but for some reason he can’t seem to get it together when taking his talents to a dunk contest.
In 2010 while with the Lakers, Brown lobbied to participate in that year’s contest at All-Star weekend in Dallas, and was granted the opportunity to do so. But his performance was lackluster and unimaginative, and he was eliminated early on.
Last week in Latvia, Brown once again was a dunk contest participant, but things managed to go even worse.
As he gets a running start to try to leap over a few people, he slips and ends up on his backside before he ever got off the ground.
You can check out the painful proceedings from a couple more angles over at WFNY.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 62
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31