Aug 19, 2013, 4:42 PM EST
Shannon Brown is one of the better in-game dunkers we have today, but for some reason he can’t seem to get it together when taking his talents to a dunk contest.
In 2010 while with the Lakers, Brown lobbied to participate in that year’s contest at All-Star weekend in Dallas, and was granted the opportunity to do so. But his performance was lackluster and unimaginative, and he was eliminated early on.
Last week in Latvia, Brown once again was a dunk contest participant, but things managed to go even worse.
As he gets a running start to try to leap over a few people, he slips and ends up on his backside before he ever got off the ground.
You can check out the painful proceedings from a couple more angles over at WFNY.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20