Aug 19, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
Shannon Brown is one of the better in-game dunkers we have today, but for some reason he can’t seem to get it together when taking his talents to a dunk contest.
In 2010 while with the Lakers, Brown lobbied to participate in that year’s contest at All-Star weekend in Dallas, and was granted the opportunity to do so. But his performance was lackluster and unimaginative, and he was eliminated early on.
Last week in Latvia, Brown once again was a dunk contest participant, but things managed to go even worse.
As he gets a running start to try to leap over a few people, he slips and ends up on his backside before he ever got off the ground.
You can check out the painful proceedings from a couple more angles over at WFNY.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 40
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3