Report: Ty Lawson facing charges of physical harassment, criminal mischief following arrest on Saturday
Aug 19, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson is facing criminal charges of physical harassment and criminal mischief following an arrest on Saturday in Colorado, according to court records.
Lawson appeared in Arapahoe County court on Monday to be arraigned on the charges, and is free on $1,000 bond, according to a report from the Denver Post.
The incident was allegedly one involving domestic violence.
ABC’s station in Denver has some additional details:
The 25-year-old Lawson was arrested by sheriff’s deputies on investigation of harassment that includes either striking, shoving or kicking as well as property damage, court records state. Both charges are misdemeanors. The incident requires a mandatory restraining order.
Lawson also had a Jan. 29, 2013 arrest in Denver for flight to avoid prosecution on a misdemeanor case out of Arapahoe County, court records say.
Lawson, 25, has played four seasons in the NBA, all with the Denver Nuggets. He averaged 16.7 points and 6.9 assists in 34.4 minutes per game, and agreed to a contract extension of four years and $48 million at the beginning of last season.
As is always the case in these situations, it’s important to remember that these are just charges, and Lawson hasn’t been convicted of anything at this time. He had a brief comment on Twitter, after retweeting a local reporter saying that something about this seems a bit off.
20 day old fish RT @VicLombardi: Ty Lawson does not fit the profile. At all. Something fishy here.
— Ty Lawson (@TyLawson3) August 20, 2013
And if the follow-up report turns out to be true, this will thankfully all be over relatively quickly for Lawson.
Got on pretty good authority this Lawson incident involves nothing but broken cell phones. Those things aren't cheap. #comparetocricket.com
— Vic Lombardi (@VicLombardi) August 20, 2013
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 32